2006 NC Wildlife Office Parker 21 Deep V Center Console - Need an extra key and a cover. Any suggestions?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter9846

Reaction score
I bought a 2006 North Carolina Wildlife Officer Enforcement Boat at auction a week and a half ago from the state of North Carolina. It's my first Parker and I'm happy to have it. It came with the T Top they have put on the boats at the time it was built. I'm wondering if anyone here can steer me in the direction of 2 things? Also there was a bit of discussion about the boat here on the forum I was the person to ultimately buy it and we went down last week and brought it back here to RI from Raleigh.

1 - An Extra key - it only came with 1

2 - A cover for the boat?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Peter

Custom Cover built with a side zipper entrance.....A RV shelter is better...:)

What Key? Ign, E Box...... Have the one you have duplicated.

Ignition key but I need to know where to get a blank. I have no idea what an RV shelter is/ Are you meaning a portable assembled canvas garage? If so it won't work for my location. Also I have no idea where to get a custom cover with a side zipper entrance. Do you have some suggestions? Do they tailor the top to the hull design and T Top? I sort of presumed there would be companies that have already taken the hull dimensions and created a pattern to fabricate covers.

Thanks for the reply Peter

Ignition key but I need to know where to get a blank. I have no idea what an RV shelter is/ Are you meaning a portable assembled canvas garage? If so it won't work for my location. Also I have no idea where to get a custom cover with a side zipper entrance. Do you have some suggestions? Do they tailor the top to the hull design and T Top? I sort of presumed there would be companies that have already taken the hull dimensions and created a pattern to fabricate covers.

Thanks for the reply Peter

Welcome! That’s a nice looking boat you ended up with.

As far as the ignition key, look at it and see if there’s any sort of number on it. Then, Google search something along the lines of “Evinrude BRP key #xx”. Chances are you’ll be able to find a duplicate. If not, you may just need to replace the ignition module, which isn’t too big a deal. I doubt you’ll be able to find a blank that’s cuttable at a normal key place.

As far as the cover goes, research any local boat canvas shops in your area. You’ll get a much nicer cover done by a custom shop as opposed to buying a generic one online.

Ahhh, so your the one. We were watching that auction. The key should have a number on it and you can buy another online. I know the Yamaha's are easy to come by, Yours has the ETec right?

Ign key......Look at the one you have.....If it has rubber on it....Peel it back....There is a number.....Go to your Yamaha dealer with that number....Usually 3 digits.

Find a upholstery shop that specializes in marine work..... Cover is built from scratch.....You want that zipper so you can get in the boat without removing the cover.
But let me tell you something about covers......While they do protect....They are a PITA ! Heavy.....Takes multi people to put them on....One person can struggle to take it off.

No not a tent style......A steel style. Like in this pix....

Attachments

• 100_3939.JPG
    100_3939.JPG
    445.5 KB · Views: 1
Welcome! That’s a nice looking boat you ended up with.

As far as the ignition key, look at it and see if there’s any sort of number on it. Then, Google search something along the lines of “Evinrude BRP key #xx”. Chances are you’ll be able to find a duplicate. If not, you may just need to replace the ignition module, which isn’t too big a deal. I doubt you’ll be able to find a blank that’s cuttable at a normal key place.

As far as the cover goes, research any local boat canvas shops in your area. You’ll get a much nicer cover done by a custom shop as opposed to buying a generic one online.
So here's something funny I'd looked at that key before and no number. I initially wrote off your comment to look for it. I decided don't ask for help and then dismiss it so I went and grabbed the key and wet my finger and took the corrosion off it and there it was. Not only do I have the number I already ordered the key. I'm going to have to do some research for a local cover. I did find a couple of companies online that make covers but to date I haven't had good luck with covers I've purchased in the past. THANKS FOR THE TIPS!

Ahhh, so your the one. We were watching that auction. The key should have a number on it and you can buy another online. I know the Yamaha's are easy to come by, Yours has the ETec right?

It does have the etec and I did find the number. It was under corrosion. I'm very happy to have gotten it. We went down to NC last Sunday and started back with it on Monday. There were a couple of snags, all of the listed electronics were stolen from the boat. I'm trying to work that out now with North Carolina. The second snag was one of the trailer axles broke on the way home in Maryland and we got stuck for the night until 4:40pm the next day. It got fixed, no one got hurt, nothing got damaged and aside from getting completely gooned by the guy who welded the axle back together and taking an extra day to get back all went well. I'm hoping NC does the right thing on the electronics because all of us bidding on it knew it had a Chart Plotter/GPS and Radar. We'll see. Happy to have it back here in RI and it's the boat I was looking for so that's all good.

Ign key......Look at the one you have.....If it has rubber on it....Peel it back....There is a number.....Go to your Yamaha dealer with that number....Usually 3 digits.

Find a upholstery shop that specializes in marine work..... Cover is built from scratch.....You want that zipper so you can get in the boat without removing the cover.
But let me tell you something about covers......While they do protect....They are a PITA ! Heavy.....Takes multi people to put them on....One person can struggle to take it off.

No not a tent style......A steel style. Like in this pix....
Thanks, that's a great enclosure but I don't have the space for it. As far as the weight of a heavy cover I totally get that too. I did find the ignition key number it was under corrosion. I've already ordered one. Thanks for all of the tips.

You may want to investigate off site RV storage options. I rented one and that’s where I keep my boat during the winter months. It’s covered, has a concrete floor, water & power, and an overhead work light. It’s a great place to work on your boat as well. I think I’m paying $185 a month

You may want to investigate off site RV storage options. I rented one and that’s where I keep my boat during the winter months. It’s covered, has a concrete floor, water & power, and an overhead work light. It’s a great place to work on your boat as well. I think I’m paying $185 a month
Thanks I do have winter storage for the boat at a friends farm. I want a cover for it while it's there and also there's a maple tree over my driveway so I want a cover for it at home as well.

Call T-Tops and speak to their sales staff. I had them make one for a 2019 Parker 21se. If they have the dimensions on file for a 21 dv they should be able to turn one out in a couple weeks.

https://ttopcovers.com/

I took the bidding on that boat up to $12k but then backed away on the last day as the bidding war started.

Congratulations on winning it!

Please post some additional pictures of the boat when you can.

I bought a nice boat cover on line with side zipper entrance. Once on its a nice cover but a bit complicated. Like Warthog says, its a pain in the ass. I now have a large heavy duty tarp . It covers well side to side but doesnt quite cover bow to stern, but its fairly easy to manage by myself and cost $75 at tractor supply. Not sure Id use it for wintering but Im not shy to put it on and off every couple of days during the fishing season.....which is year round out here :cool:

Call T-Tops and speak to their sales staff. I had them make one for a 2019 Parker 21se. If they have the dimensions on file for a 21 dv they should be able to turn one out in a couple weeks.

https://ttopcovers.com/
Thanks for the suggestion and the link. What did they charge you for your cover and what is the quality? Thanks again. Peter

I bought a nice boat cover on line with side zipper entrance. Once on its a nice cover but a bit complicated. Like Warthog says, its a pain in the ass. I now have a large heavy duty tarp . It covers well side to side but doesnt quite cover bow to stern, but its fairly easy to manage by myself and cost $75 at tractor supply. Not sure Id use it for wintering but Im not shy to put it on and off every couple of days during the fishing season.....which is year round out here :cool:
I do know T Tops make putting covers on a pain in the ass. Luckily I don't have to do it alone. What company did you purchase your cover from and what was the condition and price? Thanks Peter

Back