• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale 2009 F150

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clam Power

Reaction score
I am repowering my 2120 as I write this. My F150 is 13 years old. power head was replaced in year 7 and runs great with 700 hrs on it. Rest of motor has 1315 hours. Tilt and steering are good, prop looks brand new, lower unit is good. Problem was I got a corrosion hole in the exhaust case and it was better for me to repower with a F200 than get the exhaust case replaced at $3,500. I was running great this weekend, I heard it get louder, saw the hole, and pulled The boat out. Question for this group …. Is there a market for a motor like this, whole or in parts? Or should I just leave it as a trade in, im not guessing I’ll get much for trade in. Also could perhaps resell the prop if there is a market for that. New hub professionally done 2 years ago. They want 950 for a new one for the new motor, ouch. Thanks for any advice.

Parting an engine out is a PIA. It takes a lot of time and advertising. Selling AS IS it will still take time. In either case you'll have to store it somewhere until it sells. It all depends on how much your time and space are worth Vs what you get for it. I would probably trade it in; but, keep the prop as a spare.

Parting an engine out is a PIA. It takes a lot of time and advertising. Selling AS IS it will still take time. In either case you'll have to store it somewhere until it sells. It all depends on how much your time and space are worth Vs what you get for it. I would probably trade it in; but, keep the prop as a spare.
Thanks for that advice, it’s helpful. I was also thinking of keeping the prop either as a spare or to sell, that’s easier to store than a 500 lb motor.

I'm also in Huntington, boat is kept in Montauk. Replaced a 2006 F250 in 2021 with a 300hp on my 2006 2520XL. The F250 had 1800 hours with the same issue, corrosion in the exhaust. I marketed the motor on Facebook and sold to a charter captain in Montauk for $3000.

I'm also in Huntington, boat is kept in Montauk. Replaced a 2006 F250 in 2021 with a 300hp on my 2006 2520XL. The F250 had 1800 hours with the same issue, corrosion in the exhaust. I marketed the motor on Facebook and sold to a charter captain in Montauk for $3000.
thanks, this is useful to know as well. I'm curious, Did you just have the shop put the old engine in the shipping box that the new one came in and drive it home that way?

Motor was installed at K & K in Island Park (only availability post Covid,) did a nice job but once paid for wasn't very helpful with a few minor issues I ran into.
The captain went into Island Park and picked up

To part it out it will take work, time, space and a lot of tire kickers.
If you advertise it now while its still rigged on the boat and can be sea trialed it will sell faster.
At the least make a video of the motor running out on the water to show any potential customer.
Crate it in the new motors crate.

If you advertise it now while its still rigged on the boat and can be sea trialed it will sell faster.
At the least make a video of the motor running out on the water to show any potential customer.
Agree! I did this with my perfectly running 115 2S 2 years ago and I had a buyer on my boat 5 days later getting to see it run through the paces. Sold for the asking price.

Thanks for all the helpful guidance! Yah in hindsight I should have got some video of the boat running before pulling it out. But at that time I thought I was going to fix it myself lol…. I decided to just take the trade in on the motor which covered the cost of install of the new one. And kept the prop that I’ll likely sell. I appreciate the helpful advice here. Thanks

Thanks for all the helpful guidance! Yah in hindsight I should have got some video of the boat running before pulling it out. But at that time I thought I was going to fix it myself lol…. I decided to just take the trade in on the motor which covered the cost of install of the new one. And kept the prop that I’ll likely sell. I appreciate the helpful advice here. Thanks
Oh, worth mentioning that I started breaking in the new F200 on my 2120 yesterday and looks like I’m getting way better fuel economy. Seems like at 4200rpm and 25mph I’m getting 3.2mpg with a full tank of gas. Way better than my f150

Back