2021 Parker 2320 and Minn Kota Trolling motor installation.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's literally double the capacity that you need. Remember, with Lithium your "amp hours" capacity is doubled...so a 50 ah lithium is equivalent to 100ah AGM. Go with (3) 50ah lithium 12 volts in series, and you won't be dissapointed. I personally went with RELION lithium as that is the only battery recommended by the number one trolly motor installer in NE Florida ( Boattronics/ Tony Eden).

Here are the batteries I bought. I didn't buy them from this locations: Just wanted to post the batteries: RELiON 12V 50Ah Lithium Battery
Hey! Thanks for the info.

Thanks. I’ll tell you my costs: they will be similar to your project:
Minn Kota $3100
3 batteries $1500
Battery charger $300
Battery trays $60
Custom built mounting plate w CAD design $500
Blue seas circuit breaker $80
Battery tender trolling motor plug $100
Ring connectors, butt connectors, wires/ cables, heat shrink, dielectric grease, cable wraps: $200
Ram mount $80

My materials were close to $6,000
I installed it all myself. But I know others that have paid $1100-$1500 for installation. Do it yourself cost close to $6k. Hire a certified rigger, probably closer to $7,000.
You can get that number down by not going lithium batteries but rather AGM ( recommend against that route but does save money at initial installation)...
Also your shorter shaft trolling motor will be a few hundred less... but I wouldn't go less than a 72" shaft for your application.
could the guy that made the mounting plate sell that plate or are they your cad template?

I read / scanned all thru this.....There is a Important part missing.....
Master ON/OFF switch.

701__70885.1616165889.jpg

I have been reading your pulpit plate thread with great interest. I have been trying to develop a solution to mounting a terrova without butchering my 20’ pursuit bow rail. As such I am now copying your mounting plate project. I am currently setting up template to accommodate all the various layout considerations-angle of attack, room for prop in stow position, best position for head when stowed on deck, height of shaft to clear gunnel from lower plate height, etc.
May I ask a few questions as I progress to fabrication stage?
If so, what is distance from quick release “puck” to pulpit, allowing for prop clearance when stowed? (Compared to my plywood template, your mount position looks closer. I’d like to reduce plate size, if possible.

To your comment on the batteries, you can buy 3 interstate deep cycles group 27 for $300. Lithium’s are constantly coming down in price. You can get off brand Chinese lithiums for $1100. I opted for the pro install and went with the interstates. In reality all I save is about 100lbs of weight. I have my batteries Under the console in a non usable area

The lithiums were also over $2k when I did my install.

I wonder what would happen, in a strong headwind or current situation, if you had a kicker motor on the bracket locked into pushing slow ahead, and had the bow mounted trolling motor in spot lock adjusting for lateral motion? Would the trolling motor just see less overall astern vector and apply less power, thereby saving your battery? Or would they fight each other? Could you do it with the main engine, idling forward?

What about TWO trolling motors in spot lock??? Or a generator setup capable of producing the current needed to run the TM indefinitely?

I'm mostly kidding about the two motors, but the engine(s) in conjunction with the TM intrigues me. I work with Dynamic Positioning vessels in my day job, so the idea of automatic station keeping on small boats is fascinating to me.😁
Rhodan actually recommends to use your motor in gear if it is too rough and the motor will not hold.

Minn kota has a setting called scale where you can adjust how aggressive your motor adjusts. It’s used for if your motor doesn’t have enough power to hold you against conditions.

I read / scanned all thru this.....There is a Important part missing.....
Master ON/OFF switch.

701__70885.1616165889.jpg
You are right I don’t see a breaker anywhere.

Most people don’t realiZe as well to also always charge their motor with the breaker tripped as to prevent a surge to the motherboard

could the guy that made the mounting plate sell that plate or are they your cad template?
DID YOU EVER GET A MOUNT, I HAVE A FAB SHOP AND AM CONSIDERING BUYING A SHEET OF 3/8 6061 AND HAVE IT WATER JETTED OUT. WOULD PROBABLY MAKE 6 OR 7 MOUNTS IF ANY ONE IS INTERESTED.

DID YOU EVER GET A MOUNT, I HAVE A FAB SHOP AND AM CONSIDERING BUYING A SHEET OF 3/8 6061 AND HAVE IT WATER JETTED OUT. WOULD PROBABLY MAKE 6 OR 7 MOUNTS IF ANY ONE IS INTERESTED.
I’m definitely interested.

Hello, Taking delivery of a 2320 tomorrow and definitely interested in a plate. Please send me details and cost. Thank you Sean

Hello, Taking delivery of a 2320 tomorrow and definitely interested in a plate. Please send me details and cost. Thank you Sean
Let me get a new quote on materials and labor. Would be hard to have holes drilled considering boat and TM's may be different. Who would agree with that?

I could send out plain aluminum mount or have it powder coated. Let me know how you all would prefer.

Thanks Nick

May be best to text to 828-310-4169

Back