2021 Parker 2320 and Minn Kota Trolling motor installation.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I just installed Minnkota and 3 batteries to 2320. 70509842677__47A387AE-DF52-4AAC-977A-D207AD198A5B.jpeg70509804929__8308A518-8FEB-4998-B0A0-44E41B112BBD.jpeg70509840392__A43FBBCD-B876-47AA-958B-725DD10FCBDC.jpeg70509802024__9FD81DBB-F700-439B-A390-8591D0C026A7.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2071.jpeg
    IMG_2071.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2068.jpeg
    IMG_2068.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2067.jpeg
    IMG_2067.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2069.jpeg
    IMG_2069.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2065.jpeg
    IMG_2065.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Iaryswork,
I did a very similar install on my 2520.
Just a sugestion. Cut your bow rail. Makes deployment of spot lock 1000x easier. No issues with losing integrity of the rail. I’ve even seen some installs with a “hinge” to swing rail to open and close.
P.S. Best fishing investment I’ve ever made😁😁😁😁😁.

82-BE122-A-0-D5-E-4-CE7-A756-5-B970-AA972-EB.jpg
Any issues with you using the 8AWG cable? I have some laying around and want to use it, but people suggest 4AWG for 20ft run.

I tried to go through all the bolts and screws on the pulpit with sealant this weekend based on the lack of sealant in other areas. Parker installs the cleats, and then cuts the 8 bolts off. This makes it pretty impossible to remove the bolts then get the nuts started again after adding sealant without cleaning up the threads with a die, or replacing. I could only get one nut off from below by myself, as the screws in the cleats were spinning (since the gotdam threads were screwed up during install). There was some kind of black gasket the bolt head was pushed through and the bolt had zero sealant on it.

Last edited:
Thank you for a really great post! Im checking in to see how your system has held up with the stresses in the front. The ability to GPS lock would be such a game changer for me.

Your gonna love this. Used mine for first time for seabass. 3 to 4ft seas. Wind was ripping around 20 Knotts. I was with another parker who didn't have spot lock. So first we dropped with him. Couldn't hold bottom with 12oz weights. Finally dropped the spot lock. Sat next to a guy anchored up for 4 hrs. Didn't move a ft. We dropped with 4oz weights. Held fine. Mean while my buddy was flying by us all day drifting from the wind. Lol. Was very surprised how well this thing holds my 2320.

yea it’s a game changer……

I also use mine to spotlock on the brink of a boulder field and throw poppers into the boulders……

Wait until you blackfish, you can hit the forward, back, left, right once and it moves you 5 feet. Twice and it moves you 10 feet etc….
Your gonna love this. Used mine for first time for seabass. 3 to 4ft seas. Wind was ripping around 20 Knotts. I was with another parker who didn't have spot lock. So first we dropped with him. Couldn't hold bottom with 12oz weights. Finally dropped the spot lock. Sat next to a guy anchored up for 4 hrs. Didn't move a ft. We dropped with 4oz weights. Held fine. Mean while my buddy was flying by us all day drifting from the wind. Lol. Was very surprised how well this thing holds my 2320.

yea it’s a game changer……

I also use mine to spotlock on the brink of a boulder field and throw poppers into the boulders……

Wait until you blackfish, you can hit the forward, back, left, right once and it moves you 5 feet. Twice and it moves you 10 feet etc….
When I bought the boat. I asked what's the one thing you would add. He said spot lock. Had it on for about 2 months. Finally got out to the spot to use it. Only thing I was kinda shocked about was the flex in that shaft. I had to look at other boats. Lol. Thought it was gonna snap in half. Then see I wasn't the only one. It's def a added bonus to the arsenal. Black fish seasons gonna be a good time. Way safer to then throwing the anchor.

To your comment on the batteries, you can buy 3 interstate deep cycles group 27 for $300. Lithium’s are constantly coming down in price. You can get off brand Chinese lithiums for $1100. I opted for the pro install and went with the interstates. In reality all I save is about 100lbs of weight. I have my batteries Under the console in a non usable area

The lithiums were also over $2k when I did my install.
One thing to consider is three lead acid batteries charging and off-gassing add lots of corrosion to what ever space they are in.

Any liquid filled battery will off gas. The vapor is sulfuric acid. Have you ever seen the underside of a car hood which was directly above a battery all rusty? Or an old Volkswagen with the battery under the back seat rotted right through the floor?
This only becomes a serious issue if the batteries are being overcharged, as is the case with old, ferroresonant chargers. With modern computer controlled chargers, massive off-gassing like this shouldn’t be an issue. If you’re seeing off-gassing to the point where it’s causing corrosion problems, you have a serious issue with overcharging somewhere in your system.

Reactions: Efx
This only becomes a serious issue if the batteries are being overcharged, as is the case with old, ferroresonant chargers. With modern computer controlled chargers, massive off-gassing like this shouldn’t be an issue. If you’re seeing off-gassing to the point where it’s causing corrosion problems, you have a serious issue with overcharging somewhere in your system.
True but even trickle chargers will make batteries off-gas. Most maintenance free batteries trap it back into condensate and then it drips back. I love the fact that liFePo baterries don't have any liquid but I am leary of the China factor.

Reactions: Efx
Now that you have this install down, would you want install one on another 2320? you did a great neat job.

Back