2021 Parker 2320 and Minn Kota Trolling motor installation.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same question here - to you or anyone else who is in NY/NJ/CT area. Looking to pay for a professional installation - please let me know.

Same question here - to you or anyone else who is in NY/NJ/CT area. Looking to pay for a professional installation - please let me know.
It’s easy to do an install now because you don’t have to run wires as much. Put a lithium in your bow locker and done. Then mount the motor.

Wondering how this bow pulpit mount is working out after in field use? Any issues noticed with pulpit flex or damage? I am adding similiar to my Glacier Bay 2680 but have had some folks say the pulpit will fail and they have seen it happen but of course no real detail of failure point or pics of failure point shared by these folks! I don't buy it!! especially when you consider the minnkota quick release base relies on only four 1/4" bolts to hold it to the boat, so to me that is by far the weakest link in the equation. The pulpit is 3/8" glass with platform cored with 3/4" plywood and four 3/8" SS bolts securing it to hull. Appreciate any feedback!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230921_152441_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230921_152441_Gallery.jpg
    982.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230921_193817.jpg
    20230921_193817.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 20230921_104410.jpg
    20230921_104410.jpg
    898.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230921_104338.jpg
    20230921_104338.jpg
    955.1 KB · Views: 3
Do you have any mounts for sale?
Never did make any. Bought a drop of aluminum and plan to work on it this week for my boat. If all goes well I could have it templated and water jetted out. You still interested?

Never did make any. Bought a drop of aluminum and plan to work on it this week for my boat. If all goes well I could have it templated and water jetted out. You still interested?
Working on template right now I will let you if I am interested if I can't make it work

That's literally double the capacity that you need. Remember, with Lithium your "amp hours" capacity is doubled...so a 50 ah lithium is equivalent to 100ah AGM. Go with (3) 50ah lithium 12 volts in series, and you won't be dissapointed. I personally went with RELION lithium as that is the only battery recommended by the number one trolly motor installer in NE Florida ( Boattronics/ Tony Eden).

Here are the batteries I bought. I didn't buy them from this locations: Just wanted to post the batteries: RELiON 12V 50Ah Lithium Battery
FYI - this is incorrect. Batteries in series only increase voltage not amp hours. Three 12 volt 50AH in series is 36 volts and still 50AH. Batteries in parallel increase amp hours and not voltage. Three 12 volt 50AH batteries in parallel is still 12 volts but is 150AH.

https://battlebornbatteries.com/bat...or example, wiring two 12,volts x amp-hours).

FYI - this is incorrect. Batteries in series only increase voltage not amp hours. Three 12 volt 50AH in series is 36 volts and still 50AH. Batteries in parallel increase amp hours and not voltage. Three 12 volt 50AH batteries in parallel is still 12 volts but is 150AH.

https://battlebornbatteries.com/bat...or example, wiring two 12,volts x amp-hours).
I think his point is that the USEABLE capacity of a nominal 50AH lithium system will be about double that of a nominal 50AH FLA/AGM system since the lithiums can be discharged down to almost zero without damage, whereas LA batteries shouldn’t be repeatedly drawn down below 50% to avoid degrading the batteries.

I think his point is that the USEABLE capacity of a nominal 50AH lithium system will be about double that of a nominal 50AH FLA/AGM system since the lithiums can be discharged down to almost zero without damage, whereas LA batteries shouldn’t be repeatedly drawn down below 50% to avoid degrading the batteries.
The above statement explains why you get more run time on lesser amp hour lithium batteries. Good point.

Wondering how this bow pulpit mount is working out after in field use? Any issues noticed with pulpit flex or damage? I am adding similiar to my Glacier Bay 2680 but have had some folks say the pulpit will fail and they have seen it happen but of course no real detail of failure point or pics of failure point shared by these folks! I don't buy it!! especially when you consider the minnkota quick release base relies on only four 1/4" bolts to hold it to the boat, so to me that is by far the weakest link in the equation. The pulpit is 3/8" glass with platform cored with 3/4" plywood and four 3/8" SS bolts securing it to hull. Appreciate any feedback!
I mounted the Min. Quick release on the aluminum swim platform. Didn’t get to use but am looking forward to trying in the spring. I got a riptide w gps and auto pilot. It’s deck (pulpit) mount. Downside is I can’t lay motor down in up position. I have to lift engine off of mount. Otherwise I am hoping it is a great placement.

DID YOU EVER GET A MOUNT, I HAVE A FAB SHOP AND AM CONSIDERING BUYING A SHEET OF 3/8 6061 AND HAVE IT WATER JETTED OUT. WOULD PROBABLY MAKE 6 OR 7 MOUNTS IF ANY ONE IS INTERESTED.
Hi, Im interested if you ever had those plates water jetted. thanks Mike

I made the template out of 1/2" marine ply. Then, I brought the template to Boatronics N. Florida. The boys there cut out the aluminum plate for me and had it powder coated locally. I picked it up and installed it.

Boattronics/ Tony Eden: Phone: (904) 545-1270
But, if you call, they just can't cut you a pulpit mount. They would need a template. I loaned my template out to a local Parker member here. I need to get that back.
I did hav a CAD drawing made up to help other members, but there was a problem with the CAD and I never followed up on it. So, I just made a single template for my application.
I've been scouring the internet for ideas on how to install a 90" Garmin Kraken on my 22" Grady. I have a similar bow and rail configuration and this is by far the best solution I've found, THANK YOU Mr. Sydngoose!

I have my template clamped to the pulpit now and I'm trying to determine the motor placement before I start drilling holes. Did you ever post a video of the deployment process showing how you can deploy without cutting the rail? A related question is how well does the TM propeller clear the pulpit as it deploys? I really like the idea of keeping the prop facing the pulpit for protection but I'd be interested to see if there's interference with the pulpit or anchor as it slides forward and rotates from the stowed horizontal position to vertical.

20231209_164023.jpg

To answer the question about crawling out onto the pulpit, no. I simply walk to the bow, foot press release, slide the shaft, elevate the head, drop her down. No obstruction, not awkward at all. Fishing this week. I will post a video.

Last edited:
I would not change a thing. What am I two years out? Not a single failure. In my opinion, there is no better way to mount an 87” trolly on a Parker pilot house.
Great job on the installation and thanks for the detailed writeup.

I would be interested also.
Theres a place in long island Sound Marine Service and Supplies, Inc. 925 Lincoln Ave, Unit 12 Holbrook, NY 11741. The guys that do trolling motor installs at my boat dealership told me they use them to have the plate water jetted and that they should have the templet in there system already. I havnt tried to contact them yet but I will. Hope this helps.

Looks great! Where are you guys moving your running light to? I just ordered the 100" minnkota quest and gathering parts now. Also, is 1/2" aluminum plate something I can cut clean with a jigsaw or is it best to have a shop do the work?

Back