2024 21SE Trolling Motor 24 or 36V

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was reviewing the motor requirement sizing guide on the MinnKota site.
For a 21 SE I am taking into consideration the boat weight with T-top, adding 500lbs. for full tank weight and adding 400 lbs. for two people and threw in some for gear.
According to them I am in by a pretty good margin with a 24V 80lb. motor.
Some of the reading I did on the forums have suggested to 36V 112lb. motor.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

On a 21 like that.. You will not be disapointed with a 36V.... That's what I'd put on it...But I'd put a Rodan on it.

For a 21 SE I am taking into consideration the boat weight with T-top, adding 500lbs. for full tank weight and adding 400 lbs. for two people and threw in some for gear.

I don’t think you’ll be happy with the performance of a 24v system on that boat. I’d err on the side of “more is better” and go with a 36v system.

I agree with the 36v too. I have a 24v 80lb minn kota on a 17' center console weighing in at about 2000# and that works fine but putting it on a 21' that will weigh about 4000# is asking a lot of that motor

3 12's. If one happens to have an issue you can replace at 1/3 the cost...plus more choices for a 3 bank on board lithium charger...than a charger for a single 36 volt.
Takes up a lot of room in a 21SE console but I can measure it up. I was thinking of a Monster Marine 36/73AH with a MM 10A. charger.

I have a 21SE with a motor guide 24volt. I think my setup is just fine. I’m in Southern California and use the trolling motor fishing boiling rocks and kelp.

I have a 72" 24v Rhodan on my 21SE. It does the job just fine but if I were to do it again I'd go with a 36v. The higher thrust will provide better performance in stronger current and wind.

I have a 72" 24v Rhodan on my 21SE. It does the job just fine but if I were to do it again I'd go with a 36v. The higher thrust will provide better performance in stronger current and wind.
Any chance you can post a couple pics of your Rhodan installation? I just took delivery on a new 21SE and have the same trolling motor too. Location of mounted motor and batteries is a concern. thanks.

here you go. My SE is a 2009, I have two 12v group 31 batts under the front seat and mounted the charger in the console. You can't see in the pictures but the plug receptacle is under the cap. I did not have to relocate my nav lights and the anchor locker door clears the motor shaft so I can open it when motor is in stored position. I used an aluminum mounting plate from Ryan Hein @ TSG. PXL_20210523_162922079.jpgPXL_20230412_201550155.jpgPXL_20230412_201631191.NIGHT.jpg

here you go. My SE is a 2009, I have two 12v group 31 batts under the front seat and mounted the charger in the console. You can't see in the pictures but the plug receptacle is under the cap. I did not have to relocate my nav lights and the anchor locker door clears the motor shaft so I can open it when motor is in stored position. I used an aluminum mounting plate from Ryan Hein @ TSG. View attachment 37711View attachment 37712View attachment 37713
Looks great. Thanks for the reply

Here is my install, 3 interstate batteries from Costco for $280. Nice and simple….

One thing I will add is make sure you get the terrova and not the ulterra. The auto deploy breaks all the time on the ulterra then the engine is useless

I am running a 36v 112lb thrust and would not want to go any smaller.

One thing that is tricky about the 21se install is that anchor locker is really far forward.

CBFBEA28-9508-4550-ACD1-4310769B1D2A.jpeg

I have on my 2022 21SE an 84 inch Power-Pole Move PV trolling motor with a Single, Lithium Pro 36v battery with a Power-Pole Charge.

Attachments

• IMG_6553.jpeg
    IMG_6553.jpeg
    979.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6556.jpeg
    IMG_6556.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6554.png
    IMG_6554.png
    9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6555.jpeg
    IMG_6555.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6557.jpeg
    IMG_6557.jpeg
    767.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I have on my 2022 21SE an 84 inch Power-Pole Move ZR trolling motor with a Single, Lithium Pro 36v battery with a Power-Pole Charge.
I have the single lithium battery mounted in the aft platform and the charge mounted in the aft as well

Attachments

• IMG_6562.jpeg
    IMG_6562.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6560.jpeg
    IMG_6560.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6561.jpeg
    IMG_6561.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6563.jpeg
    IMG_6563.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6559.jpeg
    IMG_6559.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

So I have a Power-Pole Move PV trolling motor on my 21SE. The Move PV can run on a 24v or 36v. I have used both with this trolling motor. When I was waiting for my new lithium 36 volt battery, I borrowed a 24 volt lithium. Both did the job but I definitely prefer the 36v for situations like Anchor Mode. Trolling on the flats in 2 feet of water will not be a big difference except in max speed, however you will want the extra power when you need the extra power. I would vote 36v

So I have a Power-Pole Move PV trolling motor on my 21SE. The Move PV can run on a 24v or 36v. I have used both with this trolling motor. When I was waiting for my new lithium 36 volt battery, I borrowed a 24 volt lithium. Both did the job but I definitely prefer the 36v for situations like Anchor Mode. Trolling on the flats in 2 feet of water will not be a big difference except in max speed, however you will want the extra power when you need the extra power. I would vote 36v
I have the single lithium battery mounted in the aft platform and the charge mounted in the aft as well

Can you tell me how you like the Move PV? I've been considering this motor for a new boat. I have the Rhodan now and it works ok. I've heard mixed reviews about all the trolling motors out there and they all have their issues especially when you consider operating in a marine environment. Power Pole seems to have made significant improvements (brushless, titanium etc.) to make a more reliable motor. It looks good considering their design. I'm hoping the improvements really help. Let me know.. Thanks

Can you tell me how you like the Move PV? I've been considering this motor for a new boat. I have the Rhodan now and it works ok. I've heard mixed reviews about all the trolling motors out there and they all have their issues especially when you consider operating in a marine environment. Power Pole seems to have made significant improvements (brushless, titanium etc.) to make a more reliable motor. It looks good considering their design. I'm hoping the improvements really help. Let me know.. Thanks
I love this Trolling motor. It’s an absolute game changer. I have had multiple minn Kota‘s before and one issue after another. I actually had one catch on fire on the boat about 10 years ago.
The thing i love the most about the Move PV is how quiet it is. Some times I catch myself looking down at the propeller to see if its still spinning because its so quiet.
Also its so beefy. They didn’t spare anything to make this thing durable. All the best components like you mentioned prior about the titanium shaft Etc…
The details in this Move is Awesome as well. When you step on the foot pedal to deploy it, it pops up to your hand. I don’t even have to bend over to pick it up. The way it stows is completely different (in a better way) than any previous trolling motor. For example, my old MK you had to pull it up and then lay it down and then pull it back again to lock it in. (If that make sense coming across via text). The Power-Pole Move you pull back and up at a 45 degree angle and then lock it in place and then you can drop it down and it stows. Completely different.
I could go on and on but Ito by far the best i have ever used. There are many components that I haven’t touched on but if you check out this video it sums up all the features!!

Completely worth the extra money for better parts, warranty and overall Better usage!

I love this Trolling motor. It’s an absolute game changer. I have had multiple minn Kota‘s before and one issue after another. I actually had one catch on fire on the boat about 10 years ago.
The thing i love the most about the Move PV is how quiet it is. Some times I catch myself looking down at the propeller to see if its still spinning because its so quiet.
Also its so beefy. They didn’t spare anything to make this thing durable. All the best components like you mentioned prior about the titanium shaft Etc…
The details in this Move is Awesome as well. When you step on the foot pedal to deploy it, it pops up to your hand. I don’t even have to bend over to pick it up. The way it stows is completely different (in a better way) than any previous trolling motor. For example, my old MK you had to pull it up and then lay it down and then pull it back again to lock it in. (If that make sense coming across via text). The Power-Pole Move you pull back and up at a 45 degree angle and then lock it in place and then you can drop it down and it stows. Completely different.
I could go on and on but Ito by far the best i have ever used. There are many components that I haven’t touched on but if you check out this video it sums up all the features!!

Completely worth the extra money for better parts, warranty and overall Better usage!

Looks like the Power Pole trolling motors max out at 60 inch length....way too short for a 21 Parker. However, it would be fine for an 1801. What length Power Pole TM are you using?

Back