Addition of a Trolling Motor on 23DVCC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning a TM on a 2001 1801. Have already run a snake from the fuel inspection plate on floor, up the fuel fill casing to the underside of the gunnel. Next is to get from the under seat area (in front of the center console) where I plan to put the batteries, to the fuel inspection plate. Would like some suggestions on how to do that. Will I have to put a hole in the floor (in that under-seat area)? Thanks in advance for any advice. Regards.
I placed the batteries in the center console...ran wires from the same fuel inspection you used to the console....had to loosen "boot" where the steering and all wires run to get TM wire through then retightened boot. You have the hard part done.

Planning a TM on a 2001 1801. Have already run a snake from the fuel inspection plate on floor, up the fuel fill casing to the underside of the gunnel. Next is to get from the under seat area (in front of the center console) where I plan to put the batteries, to the fuel inspection plate. Would like some suggestions on how to do that. Will I have to put a hole in the floor (in that under-seat area)? Thanks in advance for any advice. Regards.
Not completely sure about the 1801 but the hole where your rigging comes up through the floor should be easy to fish the wires through. That's where I pulled mine.

I just finished the install in my 23SE. I ran my wire from the console to the stern and then to the bow like the nav lights were run. I added the shutoff so I could disconnect the motor while charging.

Attachments

• 20200812_100700.jpg
    20200812_100700.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 41
  • 20200812_100653.jpg
    20200812_100653.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 44
Thank you for the information and pictures. One item regarding the placement of the 2 TM batteries - is there any reason to not put them as far forward as possible, under the fwd seat hatch (in front of the console)? I was thinking that would both ease access to the batteries & wiring (under the seat door), and help with getting on plane sooner. Opinions and experiences appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Thank you for the information and pictures. One item regarding the placement of the 2 TM batteries - is there any reason to not put them as far forward as possible, under the fwd seat hatch (in front of the console)? I was thinking that would both ease access to the batteries & wiring (under the seat door), and help with getting on plane sooner. Opinions and experiences appreciated. Thank you for your time.
I have a 2018 23SE so I do not have the forward seating in front of the console but I agree the more forward you can get weight the better. Make sure your batteries can breath while charging.

These pics are ok but don't really give you the complete picture. I built a 1/2" StarBoard box around the batteries so I nothing would be in contact with them if placed in the console hatches. The first 2 pics are from the front looking in the open hinged lid and the last is from the starboard side of the boat through the console access.

Attachments

• 20200410_113958.jpg
    20200410_113958.jpg
    751.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20200410_114003.jpg
    20200410_114003.jpg
    959.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200410_113915.jpg
    20200410_113915.jpg
    869.5 KB · Views: 37
Thanks guys for the replies. windknotnc, those pictures provide me with some good food for thought on battery placement and protecting them with a box. Interestingly, I have speakers installed in the corners of the front face of the seating wall (as opposed to the sides like you have). There is enough room between the speakers (see pix) to place the batteries side by side (approx. 15" between speakers and each battery is about 7" wide), but then have to figure out locations for the breaker and charging unit. I do like your battery placement from a weight distribution standpoint and I'm considering moving the speakers to the sides (and covering the 2 speaker holes in the front with some sort of vent cover. Any chance you have photos of the entire install (including breaker and charger)? Thank you folks again for taking the time to provide the information and responses. Regards.

Attachments

• IMG_5414.JPG
    IMG_5414.JPG
    447.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5419.JPG
    IMG_5419.JPG
    369.3 KB · Views: 19
Back