AGM to Lithium - 06 F225 BEP Cluster Switch

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnee83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted this in “Electronics” and now moving to projects for help.

I’ve started doing some research on replacing my start and house batteries this spring.
I did the original project and purchased my current set in the spring of 2017. I started getting low voltage shut down on my inverter only after 30/40 minutes at the end of the season. Usually 50% discharge runtime is about 2.5 hrs. I’ve not load tested them yet but based on age, I think it’s just time for new batteries In the spring. I also added a windless last season and I had to combine my batteries one time after running the windless a long time backing in to the beach. Another sign my start has also weakened some.
Current set up:
Optima Blue Top AGM Start
VmaxTank 200Ah AGM House
BEP Cluster battery switch.
ProMariner Pronautic 1220P hardwired charger. It does have a setting for the Lifepro4 Lithium.

I want to drop in a 230AH house and around a 100Ah start that are the newer Lithium LifePro4 type.
Will it work?
Mostly only concerned with the engine charging the Lithium and if I would need to add anything between the engine and the battery’s
Thanks all,
JS

I'd say Yes.. You have a battery problem. As cheap as they are now, owning a Load tester is a Good investment. I suggested this to one of my customers that has ALL kinds of vehicles /equipment.

https://www.harborfreight.com/100-amp-612v-battery-load-tester-61747.html

Look VERY close at the Lithium batteries requirement for charging.
Lot's of Litiham's are NOT designed to be cranking batteries

T
I'd say Yes.. You have a battery problem. As cheap as they are now, owning a Load tester is a Good investment. I suggested this to one of my customers that has ALL kinds of vehicles /equipment.

https://www.harborfreight.com/100-amp-612v-battery-load-tester-61747.html

Look VERY close at the Lithium batteries requirement for charging.
Lot's of Litiham's are NOT designed to be cranking batteries
Thanks Wart. I understand on the cranking amps. I think they have that handled now on the latest ones.

Back