Anything wrong/complaints with your new Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouperjim

Reaction score
I would like to start a thread to identify factory issues that new Parker owners may be finding with their boats once they get them home. This information should be useful and give new owners a heads up as to what to look for.

Please identify the year and model when identifying a problem/issue.

2004 23 CC:
1. Rub rail poorly attached- removed and reinstalled 2. Hose clamps loose/leaking on livewell plumbing flooding saltwater onto gas tank- flushed with warm soapy water and dried out the area. 3. Bilge pump ran continuosly- replaced float switch. 4. Water would wash over the back of the engine cover when backing off the throttle- backed off the throttle more gradually.

2006 2320:
1. Loose/leaking hose clamps saltwater washdown pump- tightened clamps. 2. Cockpit lighting port and starboard poorly installed- reinstalled with the proper width gasket. 3. None of the screws in the transom/bige area sealed-Backed out screws and sealed with 5200 reinstalled screws.

FYI not happy with flimsy bilge deck hatch on either boat- replaced with more rigid 14x24 hatch.

One more thing on the 2320. There is a trapped water issue behind the spash guard above the bilge. Take the screws out, break the silicone seal on the deck, remove and you will find an inch of water trapped on both sides. I figured it out after constantly getting eaten alive by mosquitos. That's where thay were coming from. Fix involved permanently removing the silicone which allows the trapped water to come out and drain into the scuppers. Put piece of Taco edge trim on the bottom of the splash guard to look nice.

grouperjim":2ovc8yam said:
2004 23 CC:
1. 4. Water would wash over the back of the engine cover when backing off the throttle- backed off the throttle more gradually.

FYI not happy with flimsy bilge deck hatch on either boat- replaced with more rigid 14x24 hatch.

I've only had mine for two weeks (23DVCC) and I have the same problem with the water washing over the engine...

Is that the dimension of the hatch - I agree with you that it feels flimsy. Which did you use?

Regards,
William..

My 2320 was new in 2003,
and I still have the same complaint now that I did when it was new!
WHY THE HELL DOES PARKER PUT THE FRIGIN GAS TANK SO FAR BACK ???

Capt. Ronnie":mua68bpg said:
My 2320 was new in 2003,

I think your gas tank runs as far foreward as possible. The only way to move center of gravity is to cut tankage off back. One of the features of 23DV Parker hull is the huge (145gal) tankage. Would you be happy with less?

Here's my 23DVCC complaints. I have the old style transom, no toe space, not nearly as servicable as yours'. The deck cap towards bow does not follow deck profile. I stub my toes on the Carolina Flare before I can catch myself on deck cap.

As far as drowning the motor, I don't get it. Sometimes I get a little wake at the cowl to motor pan seal. I have never gotten wake/waves over motor cover. I never "back down", foolish, defeats purpose of center console. Seldom if ever do I throttle back hard, mates and admiral would raise caine! I only slow troll live bait fishing at 1-2mph, maybe that's the difference.

FishFactory":25loa652 said:
Capt. Ronnie":25loa652 said:
My 2320 was new in 2003,

I think your gas tank runs as far foreward as possible. The only way to move center of gravity is to cut tankage off back. One of the features of 23DV Parker hull is the huge (145gal) tankage. Would you be happy with less?

My tank is all the way back to the transom.
There is an outline in the deck with no non skid marking it.
It's 150 gals
You add the 2 or so ft of engine bracket and then the heavy weight of the 250 4 stroke, the boat is stern heavy or bow light.
The gas tank could have been moved about 3 ft more forward!

Wicho:

I ordered a Beckson 1424 in off white/beige online directly from the company. I am 99% sure that is the same hatch I put on 23 CC. For engine cowl wash over, read some of the threads about raising your engine and using a Mercury rev 4 17 for the f225 of 19 for f250.

jim

No complaints with mine.

Image-934A640001AC11DC.jpg

Ronnie:

My gas tank goes as far forward as it can which is up to the beginning of the pilot house. Ditto on FF comments, I'd rather have the extra gas. Wait until you try that new prop (stern lifter), load the boat with more weight in the front. I think you will find the boat to have a more balanced feel.

jim

grouperjim":27ozgyn8 said:
Ronnie:

My gas tank goes as far forward as it can which is up to the beginning of the pilot house. Ditto on FF comments, I'd rather have the extra gas. Wait until you try that new prop (stern lifter), load the boat with more weight in the front. I think you will find the boat to have a more balanced feel.

jim

Jim,
You think you could snap a pic and post it ???
I'm going to take a pic of mine and I'll post it later this week.
My 2320 was new in 2003 and the tank is all the way back, sounds like they moved it forward on the new models.
Like I said, my tank is all the way back to the transom (I also have the engine bracket)
There is about 3 ft from the pilot house wall empty space below the deck before the front of the tank starts..

Capt. Ronnie said:
My gas tank goes as far forward as it can which is up to the beginning of the pilot house. Ditto on FF comments, I'd rather have the extra gas.
Like I said, my tank is all the way back to the transom (I also have the engine bracket)
quote]

You have no bilge area in front of transom, all gas tank? No hatch to bilge? Where is the bilge pump, raw water p/u access, etc? My mistake, the 23DVCC I have has 2 or 3 feet of bilge area before the tank starts.

Could you post some pics?

Here's another complaint, Parker ownership is so satisifing, little reason to justify moving up. :wink:

I have a 2520XL and there are a few things that could be improved.

The closed transom/fish box needs to be insulated. Just try to keep ice in there for a day's fishing. It'll be gone by mid-day.

A rod holder option would have been nice in the cabin. I installed my own and I'm really happy with what I did, it just would have been simpler to have an option or at least an idea of what Parker does.

The caulking under my rub rail is not done well and has some loose areas or voids which allow water to penetrate the joint. That's on my list of things to re-do this season.

The forward bilge pump needs to be wired differently. How many guys have done that job already?

And finally, I have the fresh water washdown option and the hoses used for that have leaked or split nearly from day one. Fun to have water leaking when you can't quite see where it's coming from!

Other than that, the boat's a tank and gets me out and home safely, even some times when I never should have tried.

Devilfish":2faimh17 said:
The forward bilge pump needs to be wired differently. How many guys have done that job already?

Mine is a 1996 model that came with a 360 gph pump that was wired through the battery switch.
When the switch was off, so was the pump. :shock:

I replaced the 360 gph pump with an 800 gph Rule, replaced the plastic through-hull with a chrome over bronze fitting, and re-wired the pump to be hot all the time.
I like it better now. :wink:

Just got our 2520 SL and only have one complaint so far. NO FREAKING FISH HOLD!.

It is suppose to be a fishing boat, and there is no fish hold. We have the open transom, guess that eliminates the only area to put one.

Kirk

There are only three things I have been unhappy with in the seven years I have owned my Parker.

1) Hoses were not double clamped from the factory. This is a must in my opinon.

2) Thru hull fittings are plastic. Should be bronze

3) The fish box is not insulated. As a result I have to carry a cooler which takes up too much space.

FishFactory said:
Capt. Ronnie said:
My gas tank goes as far forward as it can which is up to the beginning of the pilot house. Ditto on FF comments, I'd rather have the extra gas.
quote]

You have no bilge area in front of transom, all gas tank? No hatch to bilge? Where is the bilge pump, raw water p/u access, etc? My mistake, the 23DVCC I have has 2 or 3 feet of bilge area before the tank starts.

Could you post some pics?

Yes,
I have a full transom and engine bracket.
The tank is all the way back to the inside edge of the transom, the front of the tank is about 3-4 ft behind the pilot house door.
My rear bilge pump, livewell pump, wash down pump, ect.... are all below the fish box in the transom and there is a hatch on the transom mounted vertically to access them.
My batteries are mounted in the transom all the way back also, I have the outside transom lids and pull out containers in the transom and the batteries are below them.
Also, this year I went from the undersized group 24 batteries to group 31 batteries, MUCH heavier, adding more weight to my stern heavy Parker !
From taking with GrouperJim again today, his tank is about 3ft forward of mine close to the pilot house door.
I called Parker to talk with engineering to confirm they moved the tank forward on the newer models and to find out if it is because of what I've been complaining about the boat since new! but they don't answer their phone and don't return messages !
I spent $10 grand repowering from a 200 4 stroke with only 600 hrs because it was underpowered, and went to a 250 4 stroke,
went from the small Lenco tab plates to 24 in wide tab plates, am now trying different 4 blade props, ect...
I'm ready to cut the F***ING deck out and move the tank forward the 3ft! !

What you describe is so bizzare, I have to ask questions to see if I am understanding you.

To change batteries, for example, you would have to open fish box, remove "removeable trays". Looks like you would lay on your stomach, and somehow reach thru transom to work on batteries? Same for bilge pump, livewell pump etc. repairs? How would you ever get to raw water seacock? :?

FishFactory":u41q2pf8 said:
What you describe is so bizzare, I have to ask questions to see if I am understanding you.

To change batteries, for example, you would have to open fish box, remove "removeable trays". Looks like you would lay on your stomach, and somehow reach thru transom to work on batteries? Same for bilge pump, livewell pump etc. repairs? How would you ever get to raw water seacock? :?

The full transom is about 1 1'2 ft deep.
Outside port and and stb, lift hatch, lift out drop in container and batteries are just below that.
The transom fish box does not go the full width of the transom !!!
To get to the bilge, you do have to kind of lay on your stomach on the deck!
I'll try to post some pics

Capt. Kirk":3ttheav1 said:
Just got our 2520 SL and only have one complaint so far. NO FREAKING FISH HOLD!.

It is suppose to be a fishing boat, and there is no fish hold. We have the open transom, guess that eliminates the only area to put one.

Kirk

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! we have a full transom, and NOT A FISHBOX ON THE BOAT!!!! its the old style, with the batteries directly underneath, so we cant put boxes in. we now carry 2 coolers, one big igloo 162 and an icey tek ice chest. theres no room to fish!!!

that and the fact that my engines are 2 strokes are my only complaints 8)

Back