Best trim tabs for a 2530 with twin 200s

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks dale!!!! You've been a helping hand on more than one occasion.

Will

I ended up putting 12x18 bennet trim tabs on with new actuators. With the twin motors that was all the room I had on the transom. She's a new woman, crossing the Santa Barbara channel is always different. With the larger tabs I can adjust and the bow down in 3 to 4 foot chop. Very happy and thanks for the help.

will

. If installing today wow you use straight edge tabs or ones with bat wings?....

As Kevin said..They are found on the 2 small versions......But what it does is hold water on the tab. This makes the tab have the effect of a tab that is 2in wider. [Per Tom aka Tabman]

Tabs without the Batwing could be improved by adding "Spill Plates" If you have seen a Winged Sprint car....It's the side plates. Bennett has had /made them, but you not gonna find them in any catalog that I know of.

By the way.....The worst trim tabs are the ones that are frenched in the hull....They are to small and do not allow room to install bigger ones.....At least not without some serious hull modification's first.

Brent":27fa6p6r said:
All

What is rule to determine optimal width?

I am missing my boat. :(

Looks like the OP got his tabs and answers already. Good choice.

But for anyone else seeking info on this subject I have experimented ad nauseam with tabs with the Parker 23 hull DVPH and DVCC which included videos of issues that came up. For the 23 w/bracket (8.5 beam w/single) 18W x12 is the widest you can go without somewhat ventilating the prop. On a 25 DV 9.5 beam/bracket w/twins max width again for clean water to the prop will be 18w. 12 inch length will provide more lift than 9L. Anecdotal info here for the 25 MV 9.5 beam hulls indicates 30Wx9 or 24Wx9 to work well.

FWIW batwings........for shits and grins I added some batwings to some 24w tabs (tab not in pocket). Biggest weed catchers ever. The batwings work well with tabs recessed in a pocket (like a 2520 XL or similar).

Back