Carpet Stains

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky John":2xisbg8c said:
That sounds like a great idea,but getting any sort of answer is like pulling a wisdom tooth.

Its definitely something to think about. I am seriously considering it as well. I hate worrying about keeping it clean. Depending on the type of glue they used, it might not be so bad. Maybe a powerful cleaning agent and some sanding could get it off. Then you could buff the gelcoat with some compound and polish.

MIQ":tuzkmedu said:
Is there anyone who has a liner thats NOT stained?

No stains on mine. No smells either. (1996 model)

I had some black mold on mine this past spring because the shrinkwrap was not properly vented when it was put on last winter. That was pretty easilly cleaned with Resolve carpet cleaner though.

Well I just spent well over 40K in April,I shouldn't have to shell out another dime at this point to make it better,this ones on them.If they want to remove an make gelcoat look good it's fine with me,but i'm not doing it.

FishFactory":wpjkl68m said:
Lucky John":wpjkl68m said:
Well I just spent well over 40K in April,I shouldn't have to shell out another dime at this point to make it better,this ones on them.If they want to remove an make gelcoat look good it's fine with me,but i'm not doing it.

Wait till you get the bill from your "marine attorney" you spoke of earlier :shock: . You didn't ask, but before I had a stroke over it, I would fix it myself.

BTW, is a "marine attorney" a lawyer who does marine work, a lawyer who is a Marine, or a lawyer who lives by the sea?

I think its an attorney who lives under the sea. :p

FishFactory":3j63k8uv said:
Lucky John":3j63k8uv said:

Wait till you get the bill from your "marine attorney" you spoke of earlier :shock: . You didn't ask, but before I had a stroke over it, I would fix it myself.

BTW, is a "marine attorney" a lawyer who does marine work, a lawyer who is a Marine, or a lawyer who lives by the sea?

If I had to go that route which I don't think I will have to,the lawyer bill would be included in the repair.
All I want is this thing to be "Resolved" and go fishing,is that too much to ask for? :(

I don't have any stains but the carpet is falling down in a spot on the cabin ceiling and a few areas under the gunnel areas. There is also a little mold near the door behind the galley where it can't be reached.

The rug is nice in some areas like the v-birth but I wish areas of the pilot house were gelcoat also.

I think Parker knows that there is an issue with the glue they have used to secure the carpet to the headliner. From their perspective I would think it would be cheaper for them to fix it, one complaint at a time, rather than admit they have a problem and then have a slew of people looking for new headliners.

However, with all the play that this is getting, on a Parker forum, you would think they would bend over backwards to fix John's boat before some lawyer catches wind of this and talks people into filing a class action.

FishFactory,
I wouldn't waste lead on the roof. If I wanted to remove the roof quickly I'd use one strand of 100gr det cord, with a kicker of dexs caulk on the bolts, encased in styrofoam to give it some direction, touched off with a non-ele cap. Lacking that I'd use a sawzall.

I have, twice in my life, taken an Oath to Protect your rights under the Constitution of the United States. As we speak I am under Oath to do so.
I am Endowment member of the NRA, I do more then talk the talk in one of the most anti gun states in the Union. If I want to crack a joke, I will.

TonyAmalfitano":2lbop9sf said:
I have, twice in my life, taken an Oath to Protect your rights under the Constitution of the United States. As we speak I am under Oath to do so.
I am Endowment member of the NRA, I do more then talk the talk in one of the most anti gun states in the Union. If I want to crack a joke, I will.

Well stated Tony and thank you for your service. I wouldn't want your job. :wink:

Did anyone ever figure out whether or not there is gelcoat under the headliner? If there is, 3M general purpose adhesive remover (avail at Worst Marine) will remove glue residue once the carpet is ripped out.

JC:

How did your project turn out?

jim

TonyAmalfitano":1kxcok79 said:
FishFactory,...I have, twice in my life, taken an Oath to Protect your rights under the Constitution of the United States. As we speak I am under Oath to do so. I am Endowment member of the NRA, I do more then talk the talk in one of the most anti gun states in the Union. If I want to crack a joke, I will.

I can match your Life Endowment NRA card, and trump with membership in the 1974 NRA All-American Rifle Team, and an invite to try out for the 1974 Pan Am Games. I've taken that same oath, served honorably 24 years, retired, and still working Counter Terrorism and other interesting tasks to defend the good old US of A. I'm a rabid 2nd Amendment fan. But...I'm still careful to not make off-hand comments about using a firearm to even a score. I want to keep the 2nd Amendment, not give the antis ammunition to have a bunch of liberal lawyers re-interpret it. BTW, I've raised two boys to hunt and fish...so I've passed that passion on to the next generation. Any more bona fides you want to match?

Dave

aka

Porkchunker...Thank You, also, for your service.

grouperjim":4ry7oxvm said:
JC:
How did your project turn out?

Jim......I've made a storage box as a base. I'm still researching the possibility of having a local do the upholstery for the seat. A bench seat with a 43" width would do the trick for my project.

JC:

Cool. Look forward to some pics.

GUNS, guns, guns. I am glad the good guys have them and carry them. I've got a few around the house, on my ankle, wasteband, you name it. The Navy trained me to use them and I am licensed to carry them. I say don't leave home without one. Hey, we're at war with people who are trying to kill us civilians.

Ever been a victim of an armed robbery, or witness a murder....I have. I'll never be an unarmed victim again, I can tell you that.

Tony and Pork, I am glad that both you alpha males are on my team, thanks for your past service, and continued service. I do understand a joke when I read it. The written word is a "funny" thing sometimes as Pork alludes to. No need to one up each other. My point is that we all have had our own unique experiences on either end of a gun. I definitely prefer one end to the other. No penis measuring required here.

Keep up the good work and carry-on shipmates.

All I'm saying is that jokes about guns are easily misinterpreted and then used by the antis. The English language (especially the version used by we Americans) is imprecise. When I first read the comment, I though he wanted to take the gun and use it on a Parker employee or management. Even with the smile, this comment leaves a lot of openings for interpretation:

I can feel your pain. If it were me, I'd of done a tap dance on someone's chest by now. But then again, I carry a gun. You'd be surprised how much more you can get done with a smile and a gun, then with just a smile alone. Smile

They are trowing kids out of school for doodling a sketch of a gun in their notebooks these days. I make my gun statements in letters to my elected officials, with checks to the NRA, and at the ballot box. I leave the gun jokes alone, and highly recommend other gun owners do also.

Dave

aka

Just incase you guys wanted to know,Parker has told the dealer that they will send someone up from the factory to make the repair,however I was supposed to get an email from Farron to confirm this on Friday,but still haven't got an official word from Parker itself.

:D Getting this thread back on course you bunch of thread jackers :) :)

:D Getting this thread back on course you bunch of thread jackers :) :)[/quote]

AWWW! You have to admit, it was more fun then talkin' about glue, or too much of it. :?

I finally got an email from Parker Marine/Farron Peffer.He is telling me they still haven't made a decision yet,but they will repair the headliner under a Parker limited Warranty.
Either way,this has been a crock of shit plain and simple.At least Parker has put into writing that will fix it,when on the other hand is an issue.
BS :shock:

Lucky John":2ilahcl1 said:
they still haven't made a decision yet, but they will repair the headliner

:?:

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that they agreed to do this. They may have just opened Pandora's box.

Back