Carpet Stains

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just figured I write another update.
Parker Marine has still yet to contact me regarding their decision as to how they are going to handle this.
I thought when I decided to purchase a Parker I would be dealing with top notch people and customer service.
Boy was I wrong,something so simple is taking months and months to settle.
Very disapointed with Parker.So now when people ask me questions about Parker I will know how to respond. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

The saga continues..........got a call from Farron yesterday.They have decided to send my boat down to Cecil Marine for the repair.
Hance and Smythe come back from vacation next week so I'll wait to see if this really happens or not.
This plan was discussed once before,I'm leary of it though.I had called Cecil and they have never made a headliner repair before.Not sure if they themselves are going to attempt it or they have someone lined up to do the job.
Cecil is not that far from me,so I will be inspecting their work with a fine tooth comb.I hope this ends well.Right now I have my doubts. :roll:

Glad to hear something is happening.

Be sure to take pics of what is under the carpet for members who are considering removal.

Keep us posted.

When they tow the boat down to Cecil I will bring my camera down an take some pics for sure.I'll post them so people can learn.April can't come soon enough for me )

John - I am glad this issue is being addressed. The guys at Cecil are good people and will treat you right. I have not dealt with them personally on my boat, but several of my friends have, and they have nothing but praise. Get the repair done and go enjoy the boat.

Brad

I would gladly pay someone $ 10,000 if they could make my biggest problem in life be my stained,sagging headliner.(mine is & does!) Please try to put this in to the proper perspective. I have had many a dealings with PARKER over the years and in the end they always come thru. In the big picture,you have one of the all-time coolest boats ever made,enjoy it. My PARKER is a 1995 with a 2006 repower,Would i like a new one? SURE! but the headliner would still be stained :D I guess what I am trying to say is dont sweat the small stuff,(and its all small stuff) give PARKER a chance you might be suprised. BTW schrader yacht sales in point pleasant NJ is top notch and has a GREAT service team FYI. GOOD LUCK CAPT.GUY

Guy I fully understand your meaning.Believe me I tried to ignore it,but after you spend close to 50K on a brand new boat and 2-3 months later you have a stained headliner,it just got to me.Other than this stupid issue,I really do love the boat,never said I didn't.
I know all about putting things into perspective,I lost 343 friends on 9/11 just six weeks after I retired.I know it is a minor issue in the big shceme of things,but I think I am enititled to have it fixed,I am sort of anal when it comes to keeping the boat as new as possible.
I'm sure some have read this thread and shook their head because they thought what is this guy whining about.....but hopefully soon I'll stop whining and I'll be killing fish soon enough.
I'll post pics when I get them.

grouperjim ..... still working on it.

50K is still 50K....I agree the stains are a black eye on a great brand of boat, something should be done.

The nice thing about classic Parker is the members here are regular guys with regular incomes (including myself). I wouldn't be quick to dismiss the size of anyones investment in a boat. :?

ILOVOMC":3chmsopa said:
Lucky John":3chmsopa said:
Guy I fully understand your meaning.Believe me I tried to ignore it,but after you spend close to 50K on a brand new boat and 2-3 months later you have a stained headliner,it just got to me

$50,000? That's pretty much "entry level" price for a 21' cabin boat and 4-s motor, deep V, hand built. There are other brands that feature "fit and finish" over seaworthyness. Maybe you bought the wrong boat.

Well I'm a retired fireman from NYC,not a CEO of a major corp. 50K is alot of wood to me,it took me many years of crawling down burning hallways to make it,and entry level or not,the boats should not have a staining issue 3 months after purchase.

Lucky John,
I spent a couple of days on the pile before the PD forbid us to go on our own. Then we supported a Port Authority mission transporting grief counselors in and out of the secure area. I feel your pain brother. Yes, you deserve to be without stain on a new product no matter the price paid.
Don't forget to smile!
I'm going to the AC boat show on 2/6, Parker will be there................

Hey Guys I did not mean to minimize the concerns of a fellow PARKER owner. My wife had a stroke last spring and my life has been turned upside-down since. I guess I just wished that I had those old concerns on the plate in front of me, instead of my current load of stuff. With any luck, my wife will continue to improve and in the spring I will also focus on my stained headliner. (it drives me nuts too :wink: ) THANKS FOR LETTING ME WHINE ! CAPT.GUY

Tony,you are welcome on my boat anytime,contact me in the end of March and you can get first crack at some Graveling Point Stripers.

[Edit by CP Webmaster: Post edited to remove off-topic remarks.]

Final Update*****

As agreed my boat was picked up and transported by Hance & Smyte from Jarvis Marine and trailored down to Cecil Marine in Williamstown.
I take my hat off to Joe Celano and Cecil.They came into a bad situation and made things right.There is no need for any pictures because the headliner looks like it did when it came from the factory.
Cecil Marine runs a first class operation down there and if I decide to bump up to a 23 or a 25 in the future I will buy that boat from them,regardless of the dealer protected area.
I know there is many other stained headliners out there from talking to people,but in the end it all worked out well for me.If you are unhappy with yours I suggest you make the calls.
Thanks again Joe,I know you read what goes on here and I do appreciate your efforts in the matter.

Case closed...........happy ending )

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. It is very nice that you let us know the outcome and that Parker and Cecil did a fine job. Now go enjoy.

That sure is good news John, I'm glad everything worked out for the good.

(Now I have to find another thread to posture on, and thump my chest as I exhibit my alpha male tendencies.) 8)

Back