Carpet Stains

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this issue with the carpet is still unresolved and starting to get me pissed off. :evil:
I'm not going to go out and buy a new boat as a solution to this problem,I don't have 40 +k under my bed to shell out as an answer to this manufacturing problem.
It is a problem,with todays tech's they should have used a clear glue/cement that would NOT bleed through or not hold up to the test of time.I bought a Parker because of fit and finish.It's like buying a nice new Toyota Truck and saying wow it looks an runs great but the carpet inside sucks.Not a fair comparision but you understand.
So far my dealer says that the boat must be sent back to Parker because they did a repair similar to this and did not like the results.Parker is now mentioning taking it to another dealer,I'm being very patient,but the boat is coming out by the end of the month and would like a game plan in order,I want a repair that will look like new/factory,not a Ruth Goldberg repair.

FishFactory":2cv8qfw2 said:
Lucky John":2cv8qfw2 said:
Well this issue with the carpet is still unresolved and starting to get me pissed off. :evil: .

One man's "PO'ed" is anothers' annoyance. How would you feel if you'd just paid $14,500 to get your 3 yo leaking fuel tanks replaced, or couldn't keep your Armstrong bracket on?

oh, by the way...please don not compare owning a Toyota truck to a Parker. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'd be in the responsible parties face until I got results,that's how I'd feel.
Is this the problems you are having with your boat?

Porkchunker":b1w5b13f said:
If my next boat was a SC or Walk-Around, I would gladly pay to have the headliner deleted!!!!
Robin...are you listening? !!!!

While staining does seem to be a problem, the liner does offer, IMHO, 2 distinct advantages. 1) I helps deaden the sound inside the cabin 2) It insulates the cabin during those cold days.

Maybe they could use a different material to line the cabins, like the C Dory.

Update # 3
I'm stuck in the middle of this one.H&S the dealer which I was required to purchase from, tried a repair like this and insists the boat must return to Parker to be done properly.(I agree)
Parker Marine has been back and forth on the issue.They wanted me to transport the boat at my expense to Cecil Marine who said they would try the repair,but will give no guarantees.I asked him if they ever did a repair like this and their answer was no,so I'm not comfortable with fact that this might be an experiment.
Now Parker wants H&S to send someone down and take additional photos.I have maybe a week to ten days before the boat is hauled for the winter.I hope this is resolved before next April :?

John - I had the same problem with my boat. Stains would appear ... I would remove them with Starbrite carpet cleaner. Other stains would appear and again I would clean them off. After the second season with the boat the stains stopped appearing. However in year 8, the headliner began to sag. In the pilot house i used strips of teak to affix the carpet. Have you tried the starbrite product? Here is the link for my fix for the falling liner http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... +headliner

Brad

ScoopsAhoy":1ojr9wek said:
Porkchunker":1ojr9wek said:
If my next boat was a SC or Walk-Around, I would gladly pay to have the headliner deleted!!!!
Robin...are you listening? !!!!

While staining does seem to be a problem, the liner does offer, IMHO, 2 distinct advantages. 1) I helps deaden the sound inside the cabin 2) It insulates the cabin during those cold days.

Maybe they could use a different material to line the cabins, like the C Dory.

Like I said...I understand the pros and cons of headliner. I'll take the noisy sleep and an extra set of long underwear any day over headliner. !!!!

I think I'll get down on my knees and pray to the Lord of all creation and give thanks that I was able to order my FISHING boat without headliner.

That was a good thread Parker.It also shows me that there is and has been a problem.You would have thought Parker Marine would have made a change with either the glue or method of install by now.

Well I'm caught in the middle of a circle jerk :roll:
My dealer H&S took a bunch of pictures with three different cameras.Now Parker is mentioning an outside source or possible repair by another dealer who has never done this type of repair before.
My dealer feels that boat should go back to factory to be repaired properly.
From what I hear this has been a problem for years.I'd like to "Resolve" mine.Boat was hauled today for it's winter nap,this thing has been going on since June.
I think six months of patience is fair enough.
I'm starting to get :evil:

Update # 4

Well I am a bit surprised that this issue has still yet to be settled.Although to many this might seem like a minor issue,but it is still something that should have been taken care of already,or at least put in writing that they will indeed be taken care of.
I really thought that with Parkers Reputation something as simple as this would have been dealt with when it was first addressed.
The last I heard was that Parker was going to send someone from the factory up an make the repair.I have a feeling my dealer would have liked me to "go away" and if i didn't call them once a week to remind them I would not hear a response.
I did not even receive a response to an email that I sent to Robin or Farron.
Parker Marine is asleep at the wheel :x

I can feel your pain. If it were me, I'd of done a tap dance on someone's chest by now. But then again, I carry a gun. You'd be surprised how much more you can get done with a smile and a gun, then with just a smile alone. :)

That's the problem with our society today, if one is not "Politically Correct", they'll be "Misinterpreted".
I am not Politically Correct, nor do I ever intend to be. I am, however, very outspoken on the subject.

Porkchunker, I agree with you!

The comment does not leave much to interpret. Being a gun owner myself, and taking every opportunity to hunt and fish we don't need to fuel the fire for the antis with inappropriate comments.

I can appreciate the frustration that many of us Parker Owners have with the carpet stain issue and certainly agree that a change needs to be implemented during the production process. Many are sharing their suggestions through "Classic Parker" to remedy the existing problems.

I took "Tony's" post to mean he would shoot the roof off his Parker. :shock:

"Tony", if it would help, I have some 300gr hp (44mag) that should make quick work of the roof fastners, or...if you wanna do it with style, check out my Sweet Sixteen ad in "ForSale". :wink:

Capt. Jim":1jcgo2on said:
Porkchunker, I agree with you!

I can appreciate the frustration that many of us Parker Owners have with the carpet stain issue and certainly agree that a change needs to be implemented during the production process. Many are sharing their suggestions through "Classic Parker" to remedy the existing problems.

Can anyone tell me if Parker has made a repair to a stained headliner?I feel like they are stroking me along now hoping that I will just go away.I'm to the point where I might consider contacting a Marine Attorney and seek advice as to which way I should proceed.

here's a question.

Is there anyone who has a liner thats NOT stained?

Just curious.. Is there any smell associated, or is it just a stain?

Every boat I have been on has a little of the bleed through from the glue. I don't even notice it anymore. My wife would have never noticed it unless I pointed it out to her. No smell/odor.

Although there have been a lot things recommended to clean it with, nothing really eliminates it.

jim

Do you think it would be possible to rip all the carpet off and recondition the gelcoat below? I'd love to get rid of the carpet. It would solve your problem, look nicer, and require less maintenance.

Back