Coaming Pads

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ppem45

Reaction score
I have a 2120 Sport Cabin and would like to know how the Bolster fastens to the coaming. Is the padding flexable, does it stick to the coaming, does it get screwed to the coaming. I hope to install this myself so I am trying to gather as much info as possible. Thanks to all in advance.

I have done some research since I posted this and found the company that makes the Bolsters. I have ordered the removable Coaming pads and they should be here next week. Thanks to all for the help.

WCS":2jx1s9up said:
Parker also has new slide-in bolsters that snap at the bottom.

Great idea for those us for who leave our boats on a lift. Any vinyl material left exposed would be destroyed within a few months.
So the solution has been bruised knees.

Where did you see those slide in bolsters?

I got them as options through my dealer (Cecil Marine in NJ) on my 2320 this spring. Parker was just releasing them, they were the last thing added before delivery.

WCS":3qr3qn80 said:
I got them as options through my dealer (Cecil Marine in NJ) on my 2320 this spring. Parker was just releasing them, they were the last thing added before delivery.

:( I just tried to find a picture of them on the Parker website. Didn't see em'.

Had I known about them, by seeing them on the Parker website, I might have bought a set!
:wink:

TheOtherLine":3pe6zpwq said:
WCS":3pe6zpwq said:

Great idea for those us for who leave our boats on a lift. Any vinyl material left exposed would be destroyed within a few months.

i agree, good idea, but im confused as to why they would go downhill so fast? we slip our boat, and weve had the same coaming pads for going on 5 years now. not a single problem other than slight gray discoloration, which is easily removed with standard marine vinyl cleaner. cleaned, they look as good as new.

pelagic2530":h4tmol6h said:
TheOtherLine":h4tmol6h said:
WCS":h4tmol6h said:

i agree, good idea, but im confused as to why they would go downhill so fast? we slip our boat, and weve had the same coaming pads for going on 5 years now. not a single problem other than slight gray discoloration, which is easily removed with standard marine vinyl cleaner. cleaned, they look as good as new.

I was exaggerating about them only lasting a few months, but they will NOT make it 5 years.

Difference might be that I, live in the Sunshine State. :wink:

Home of the the ALS champion Rays .. :lol:

TheOtherLine":35sf7p6y said:
pelagic2530":35sf7p6y said:
TheOtherLine":35sf7p6y said:
WCS":35sf7p6y said:

I was exaggerating about them only lasting a few months, but they will NOT make it 5 years.

Home of the the ALS champion Rays .. :lol:

ah, yes. forgot about that. you could always get those stylish little "coaming pad covers" that go over your coaming pads. the problem being, of course, that they are also vinyl, thus necessitating "coaming pad cover covers", and starting a vicious downhill wallet-busting cycle.

i feel like the removable ones might be a bit less of a hassle :lol: :lol:

ppem45":3rce6k6l said:
have a 2120 Sport Cabin and would like to know how the Bolster fastens to the coaming. Is the padding flexable, does it stick to the coaming, does it get screwed to the coaming. I hope to install this myself so I am trying to gather as much info as possible. Thanks to all in advance.

The bolsters on my 1996 model have the padding attached to 1/4' starboard backing with stainless staples.
The bolsters have stainless zip-nuts attached to the starboard backing which are attached to the boat with 1/4"x20 stainless bolts.

No bruised shins here. :wink:

Image-F68DF0C0333811DC.jpg

I checked with Cecil Marine about the removable bolsters. Parker has them available. For new boats, they are using up their supply of bolt on bolsters and when they are gone will switch to removables. If you want to order them in the meantime, be sure to specify removable ones.

wayne

Home of the the ALS champion Rays .. :lol:[/quote]

I don't understand since I live in Texas which has plenty of sunshine and my boat has been in a slip exposed to the Texas sun for eight years. I have gotten one tiny tear in a bolster which was caused by a fish hook. I patched it and, it is still holding up afer all these years.

Back