Enclosure

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dleopoldi914

Reaction score
Have your local canvas guy do it. You will pay more (guessing around $1,500 for a 3 piece, gull wings would be more)) but you will be satisfied. If possible go with Stamoid frames (cloth borders around eisenglass and use as many "tracks" as possible...less snaps) Eisenglass shrinks when it gets cold...make sure your fabricator gives you a bit of leeway for the cold mornings...or you will never get it snapped.

Have your local canvas guy do it. You will pay more (guessing around $1,500 for a 3 piece, gull wings would be more)) but you will be satisfied. If possible go with Stamoid frames (cloth borders around eisenglass and use as many "tracks" as possible...less snaps) Eisenglass shrinks when it gets cold...make sure your fabricator gives you a bit of leeway for the cold mornings...or you will never get it snapped.
That’s website I posted has an option to upgrade to stamoid….

Wouldn’t it be a good move to order pre made from the site and maybe pay a local installer

You’re not going to be happy with the generic product from an online retailer. Canvas needs to be an exact, custom fit in order to work. Otherwise, it’ll flap around, not fit well, and not block wind the way you want. Getting custom canvas fit by a local shop is well worth the extra price.
Thank you.

Check with installers before you order. A lot of good shops don’t want to install a product they can’t vouch for. And the guys that will install stuff ordered online will usually charge an arm and a leg then still have an easy way out by blaming any issues on the product. Best bet in the long run is a local shop you trust.

Check with installers before you order. A lot of good shops don’t want to install a product they can’t vouch for. And the guys that will install stuff ordered online will usually charge an arm and a leg then still have an easy way out by blaming any issues on the product. Best bet in the long run is a local shop you trust.
Honestly at $475 if I have problems with it can order and swap in a new one……

Once the snaps are there it’s a straight swap. That’s my thinking vs going custom…

Honestly at $475 if I have problems with it can order and swap in a new one……

Once the snaps are there it’s a straight swap. That’s my thinking vs going custom…
Reading their page, what they’re advertising appears to be something that may be designed to fit your specific boat. If you go for it, post results. I’d be interested to see how their hype matches their results.

Depending on where the snaps are needed, you could do them yourself. Check out the SnapRite system from SailRite. It’s a bit spendy upfront, but it does make installing snaps a breeze.

I do custom canvas work. I've been called for estimates on custom enclosure (and cushion) work where I've recommended purchasing something online and making whatever modifications are necessary. It can be a lot more cost effective...the price goes up fast where patterning is required. There are some tools available to set snaps in fabric with a punch, but they work best with the nickel plated ones vice stainless steel. Sailrite also sells a "locater" kit that would help you mark the location where the female fittings need to be in the enclosure, then you can take it to somebody with the tools to put them in.

I do custom canvas work. I've been called for estimates on custom enclosure (and cushion) work where I've recommended purchasing something online and making whatever modifications are necessary. It can be a lot more cost effective...the price goes up fast where patterning is required. There are some tools available to set snaps in fabric with a punch, but they work best with the nickel plated ones vice stainless steel. Sailrite also sells a "locater" kit that would help you mark the location where the female fittings need to be in the enclosure, then you can take it to somebody with the tools to put them in.
So this comes with the snaps built into the canvas. I would have to put the snaps into my t top I believe to receive the snaps from the canvas on the other end

So this comes with the snaps built into the canvas. I would have to put the snaps into my t top I believe to receive the snaps from the canvas on the other end
Most of the snaps should be on the console. Most of all the enclosures I have seen utilize "tracks" screwed to the t top for easier on/off. The enclosures have a very tough "cord" that simply slides into the tracks. Do they offer any "track" options?

The Custom ones I've seen down here... They have Isizone glass coming down as wings that take down easy... They block the walk thru areas to Port & STB of the console. This gives protection for the crew.

Looks like you have a choice, and it sounds like you should follow this step: New Canvas Installation (NO Snaps on T-Top) If you do, you won't need any special tools to install the snaps because the males will screw into the t-top after you figure out the location.

Looks like you have a choice, and it sounds like you should follow this step: New Canvas Installation (NO Snaps on T-Top) If you do, you won't need any special tools to install the snaps because the males will screw into the t-top after you figure out the location.
Yes you just mark and drill.

I am scared to drill my t top lol

Back