Garmin 741XS Thru Hull Transducer 2310 DeepVee 1991 Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never buy that stuff from West marine.

There is only one place all my and customers Electronics come From.

Jim @ BOE http://www.boemarine.com/

logo.jpg

I got the 4200 3M fast dry. Have heard you need to let it sit for a little while before cranking down, not so sure on that.

How fast is fast dry? Got the hole in ok, the glass is nearly a full inch thick.

Regards,

JET

Attachments

• hole.png
    hole.png
    251.4 KB · Views: 95
JET O_Wey":3ijbs0gu said:
I got the 4200 3M fast dry. Have heard you need to let it sit for a little while before cranking down, not so sure on that.

Apply the 4200 and assemble by hand.
Do not use a wrench or you will create a 'dry joint'.

Go back the next day and snug it (but do not crank down on it).
Done.

Yes Parkers are heavy built.

This is the side of mine where the forward bilge pump discharges. I've drilled many a boat bottom and the bottom is as thick as the sides on the Parker.

100_4126.jpg

I've tried to tweak the nut in the past with no results. The sealant glues the nut. 4200Fast is designed for full cure in 24hrs. You have to work with it quickly.

I've used a fair amount of it for what your doing.

kidfreediver":3krk1gb6 said:
Even boemarine is on back order shiiiiiitttt!!!!!!!

Make sure you call them. Sometimes their site shows something on backorder but they can get it drop shipped quickly.

I got a nice install but not without a detour. A quality drill is key, especially for a Parker. The 4200 Fast cure seized while putting on the hub, it was nice and warm out (couldn’t find the recommended regular cure.) Using crescent wrench in a confined area pretty tricky. If you have good bilge access would not expect to be an issue. Used pipe wrenches and heat gun to remove then perfectly cleaned with wire brush on a drill. I made a tape template for the underside of the hull and covered the ducer face with tape – seemed to work OK.

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    223.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture2.png
    Picture2.png
    236.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture3.png
    Picture3.png
    267.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture4.png
    Picture4.png