Hydraulic Steering

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marker29

Reaction score
WhIch model Seastar hydraulic steering to get for 2016 Parker 1801?

The Dometic website will guide you through the process of picking the correct steering system.

Heard back from Parker today. They use Seastar and install the HC5345-3 cylinder on all their Parker 18s when ordered as an option. I have a Parker 2300 and it has Seastar on it. The Parker 18 that I have has mechanical steering and wanted to upgrade to a hydraulic system.

but their product ordering is so poorly laid out that it’s almost self defeating. Textbook case in awful web design.

I would agree , but for a 115Hp kit... It's all there.

I would agree , but for a 115Hp kit... It's all there.
Agreed. I had the uflex on 3 of my boats and was flawless….. almost ordered this kit until I saw it only goes up to 115hp my future plan is to repower with a 140 suzuki so I will wait a little longer.

Heard back from Parker today. They use Seastar and install the HC5345-3 cylinder on all their Parker 18s when ordered as an option. I have a Parker 2300 and it has Seastar on it. The Parker 18 that I have has mechanical steering and wanted to upgrade to a hydraulic system.
I have an 1801 as well and not happy with current steering. I am planning on installig a Hydraulic Steering system and asking for reccommendations for an installer.

Boat has 115 HP Yamaha
I ran uflex on my 1801, best 1000 bucks I spent. No more elbow pain. Upgrade the hoses to the flex high pressure 1500 hoses. 22 kit OB is the length needed for an 18. Install isnt bad, getting the wheel off tapered shaft is a bitch, I took the sawzall out and cut it off and just pulled the mechanical one out.

Uflex is a bombproof product I wouldn’t use sea star, the uflex is beefy

My boat is in Wilmington, should have mentioned that
Assuming you’re talking about Wilmington, NC, I would use Salt Water Marine or Gorges Boatworks. Just installed a Uflex system the other week on my 2100 to replace the old Seastar system, works very well, it is a good amount of work but not to terrible.

I installed SeaStar twice with autopilot hook up twice. It’s stupid simple. Main thing is length of cables. Basic tools and 4-5 hours of work. Do not buy BayStar.

I installed a UFLEX Silversteer SV-28 or close. It was rated up to 300HP. I did it in 2016 and it has given me no issues. Seems to be a quality product. I’m pretty sure Wart recommended it to me back then. Good luck with the fix.

Yes, Uflex Silversteer are the Top Dawg at Uflex. Why switch from Seastar to Uflex ? Because your tired of Leaks.

Back