New 2022 Parker Boats; Improved? Or Not?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple videos of 2022 Parkers, under the new ownership. Improved? or not? Seems like one issue is a lack of rod holders...
These are the CC's... I'm also curious to see what's happening with the pilothouse versions...

Last edited:
Improved or not? I guess it depends what the potential buyer is wanting from a boat. I like the hard core edge my barebones 2320 has. I was able to customize MY way. But I admit there is a lot of additional fish storage and comforts my 2320 lacks.

Initially when these boats hit the market I was over critical. I think the fit and finish of the 24’ is top notch.

My only serious knock is the transom is open and not closed off.

Improved or not? I guess it depends what the potential buyer is wanting from a boat. I like the hard core edge my barebones 2320 has. I was able to customize MY way. But I admit there is a lot of additional fish storage and comforts my 2320 lacks.

Initially when these boats hit the market I was over critical. I think the fit and finish of the 24’ is top notch.

My only serious knock is the transom is open and not closed off.
I agree on all your points. ☺... and I also like the the 'basics' of the Parker for lots of reasons; the ease of maintenance/ease of cleanability included... The 'comment section' of the videos shows some folks are concerned about the lack of rod-holders... I'm an older dude, yet young/new to fishing. (I'm getting better, and enjoying it more each year! Thank you CP folks for your help, and you too George, George and Bill!)... I am probably the only one here on Classic Parker, that has more rod-holders on our boat (18) than the number of fishing rod/reels that I own (16)☺☺.... Yet, I still want more of both..... My wife thinks it's some kind of disease....

I agree on all your points. ☺... and I also like the the 'basics' of the Parker for lots of reasons; the ease of maintenance/ease of cleanability included... The 'comment section' of the videos shows some folks are concerned about the lack of rod-holders... I'm an older dude, yet young/new to fishing. (I'm getting better, and enjoying it more each year! Thank you CP folks for your help, and you too George, George and Bill!)... I am probably the only one here on Classic Parker, that has more rod-holders on our boat (18) than the number of fishing rod/reels that I own (16)☺☺.... Yet, I still want more of both..... My wife thinks it's some kind of disease....

Hey Andy! I get the “rod holder disease”. I have a 15 rod rocket launcher on my pilot house roof. But then I have 11 more between the gunnels and bait tank. So in theory I could bring 26 rods off shore with me.

I probably need therapy 😄!

I am probably the only one here on Classic Parker, that has more rod-holders on our boat (18) than the number of fishing rod/reels that I own (16)☺☺.... Yet, I still want more of both..... My wife thinks it's some kind of disease....
Two questions:
-When are you picking up the other 2 combos?
-Where did you add rod holders?

Two questions:
-When are you picking up the other 2 combos?
-Where did you add rod holders?
#1 I don't know when, but I agree; I 'NEED' two more! See Vicky, I told you so?!?! (she's the wife!)
#2 The boats first owner installed the extra rod holds.
There are 4 on the transom. (custom, flush mounted rocket-launcher).
There are 4 'factory' ones in the gunnels.
There are 2 additional ones forward of the factory ones in the gunnels (plus 4 drink/beer holders!).
There are the standard 6 rocket launchers on the aft section of the pilot house.
There are 2 more clamp-ons on the rail of the pilothouse roof....

Last edited:
The new boats fit and finish look great but the lack of space behind the console due to new transom design is a deal breaker. When fishing heats up I have no idea how you are going to move quickly and safely at the stern. There is simply not enough space. Square it off leave the bracket get rid of huge coffin box in the bow and that extra ft would be a nice upgrade from the 2300. As it stands the 2300 will fish bigger and from a design perspective that is going backwards IMO.

What Cman said...

My first reaction was that the space behind the console is too limited and chopped up. My buddies have Regulators and they love fishing on my 2300DV because of the room in the back and ease of access all the way around the boat. Solid transom with a platform is the way to go! I proudly describe my Parker as a pickup truck. Functional and simple. Seems they have gone the other direction.

Don't get me wrong, it looks gorgeous! Just not for me.

I’ll be the voice of dissension here.

I haven’t seen the new 24. However, I had the chance to check out the 22 at the VA Beach boat show.

I would describe the fit and finish of the boat as cheap at best, sloppy at worst. The wire rigging is typically crappy and will lead to the exact same type of electrical gremlins that so many people on here have experienced. The bilge was absolutely filthy for a new boat, and the installation of the pickup was decidedly sub-par. The latches, fittings, and overall deck hardware seemed cheap and flimsy. Access to pretty much everything was difficult, labeling was nonexistent, and the overall effect was underwhelming.

As the salesman freely admitted, the 22 and 24 were specifically launched by Parker to be cheap production models that they can get out the door quickly. The issue with the 21 and 23DV models was that they were reportedly very difficult boats to build, which is not surprising given the fact that Parker’s roots are in building a high quality, hand built boat. That apparently doesn’t square well with the new corporate owner’s desire to pump out assembly line boats to maximize profits.

It’s a shame to see, but it is what it is. I will say that the “legacy” models that they had at the show, appeared to have the normal level of Parker fit, finish and function that we’re used to seeing. Only time will tell if those models will remain high quality or be subject to the same degree of cheapening as the new ones.

I’ll say that I was far more impressed by the Pair Customs models located immediately adjacent to the Parker displays. If I was in the market for a new 21 or 24, that’s where I’d be going. They offer a 21DV with a full transom and Armstrong bracket that was a very impressive looking boat.

I’ll be the voice of dissension here.

I haven’t seen the new 24. However, I had the chance to check out the 22 at the VA Beach boat show.

I would describe the fit and finish of the boat as cheap at best, sloppy at worst. The wire rigging is typically crappy and will lead to the exact same type of electrical gremlins that so many people on here have experienced. The bilge was absolutely filthy for a new boat, and the installation of the pickup was decidedly sub-par. The latches, fittings, and overall deck hardware seemed cheap and flimsy. Access to pretty much everything was difficult, labeling was nonexistent, and the overall effect was underwhelming.

As the salesman freely admitted, the 22 and 24 were specifically launched by Parker to be cheap production models that they can get out the door quickly. The issue with the 21 and 23DV models was that they were reportedly very difficult boats to build, which is not surprising given the fact that Parker’s roots are in building a high quality, hand built boat. That apparently doesn’t square well with the new corporate owner’s desire to pump out assembly line boats to maximize profits.

It’s a shame to see, but it is what it is. I will say that the “legacy” models that they had at the show, appeared to have the normal level of Parker fit, finish and function that we’re used to seeing. Only time will tell if those models will remain high quality or be subject to the same degree of cheapening as the new ones.

I’ll say that I was far more impressed by the Pair Customs models located immediately adjacent to the Parker displays. If I was in the market for a new 21 or 24, that’s where I’d be going. They offer a 21DV with a full transom and Armstrong bracket that was a very impressive looking boat.
I don’t think you’re the voice of dissection. Most of us are looking at photos or you tube videos. If you’ve walked on the boat you know what the fit and finish look like firsthand and you appear to agree with our assessment that the 24 is set up bad compared to the 2300. I also agree if buying new the Pairs 24 with twins is the way to go. They actually improved on the Parker 2300 and it’s a 3 piece boat bow to stern.

Agree. Haven't had the opportunity to see the boat in person. Only on video, and even that wasn't terrific. I gotta say, though, that on video they look pretty slick, just not my style. Sad to hear that the quality is down as well.

Back