OPINION ON BEST GPS ELECTRIC TROLLING MOTOR FOR 2018 23SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seeking advise on best trolling motor to instal on Parker 2018 22se, I am interested in knowing if this is an effective option vs anchor when fishing salt water open ocean, salt rivers w current etc. any guidance appreciated, mostly used for fishing stripers.

thanks

charles in maine

Attachments

• IMG_1676.jpeg
    IMG_1676.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Seeking advise on best trolling motor to instal on Parker 2018 22se, I am interested in knowing if this is an effective option vs anchor when fishing salt water open ocean, salt rivers w current etc. any guidance appreciated, mostly used for fishing stripers.

thanks

charles in maine
It's absolutely a viable option. Very popular addition these days for exactly what you're talking about."

"The Best" will depend on a few things. Local dealer support, integration with electronics, etc. The two big ones are Minn Kota and Rhodan, both of which offer saltwater models with a variety of options in all of the popular shaft lengths, battery voltages, thrust amounts, etc.

I'd recommend using the search function on here and doing some reading. There's a ton of information about your exact boat model and what people have done for mounting trolling motors. The general consensus seems to be that you'll want a 72" shaft, with likely a 36V 112lb thrust motor if you're dealing with lots of current. Brand is highly up for debate.

I have a Minn Kota Riptide Terrova on my 1700. It's one of my favorite modifications I've ever made to any boat I've owned.

It's a Game Changer. In Fl. a new boat gets one.

There are more options showing up as to name brands. Minkota , Rodan and now the new kid is Garmin.
Rodan's have no heading antenna to install like a Minkota. This also takes up realestate on top of your console.

No one has brought me a Garmin yet, so I can't speak to them.

I have a reg..read NON GPS Minkota on my Flounder boat. Rodan does not make a TM like that.
If I wanted a GPS TM..... It would be a Rodan.

This has been discussed in the past. A circuit breaker AND a Master ON/OFF switch are Mandatory and the operator must turn POWER OFF when charging batteries and or when the unit is not in use!

I have JUST yesterday rewired Another boat [203 Key West] that failed to have either. Guess what ? The Minkota is a pile of garbage .... Read DOA ! So now he gets to buy a new TM.
Not entirely owners fault, as he bought the boat like this.

thanks

charles in maine
I have a 2018 21se with a 84” Rhodan powered by a 36v 60a Abyss battery.
I would not go smaller than that.

Back