PARKER 2018 23SE BOAT COMFORT QUESTIONS

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have a used 2018 23SE with 250 Yam, 165 hrs, couple of questions , any guidance appreciated.

1. With open bow section without deck platform, what are suggested options for comfort for grand kids, cushions or other to lay on, seats etc. , 90% of time used for fishing mostly from stern Or leaning post.

2. Does Parker or others offer a bow canvas dodger for 23SE, any others out there in Parker land have one?

3. What is most comfortable option to a leaning post fold down seat arrangement?

I miss the raised hull bow section w cushions, Ime sure to add this feature would be very expensive

love the Parker , just trying to make it a bit more comfortable for family use , suggestions much appreciated .

charles in Maine

Attachments

• IMG_1103.jpeg
    IMG_1103.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
Have a used 2018 23SE with 250 Yam, 165 hrs, couple of questions , any guidance appreciated.

1. With open bow section without deck platform, what are suggested options for comfort for grand kids, cushions or other to lay on, seats etc. , 90% of time used for fishing mostly from stern Or leaning post.

2. Does Parker or others offer a bow canvas dodger for 23SE, any others out there in Parker land have one?

3. What is most comfortable option to a leaning post fold down seat arrangement?

I miss the raised hull bow section w cushions, Ime sure to add this feature would be very expensive

love the Parker , just trying to make it a bit more comfortable for family use , suggestions much appreciated .

charles in Maine
I use bean bags whenever the kids are onboard, they absolutely love them.

I am looking at getting a BOTE inflatable couch for my transom seat. They review to be really tough, then basically go away when you want to cruise. 400 bucks is the downside. Bean bags are pretty expensive too though.

Last edited:
I’ve got an older model, open bow 25SE. I have a pair of the Ocean Tamer wedge bean bags that fit nicely behind the leaning post for my wife and a friend to be tucked back in there cozy out of the wind. The wedge versions are comfy like a bean bag but keep you a touch elevated for view over the gunwales. Also have the Ocean Tamer longneck should she be by herself or to use ahead of the console when extra kids with us. Talk with Frank at Ocean Tamer, he’s super helpful, the medium teardrops are great size for kids versus the smaller kids version.

I’ve got an older model, open bow 25SE. I have a pair of the Ocean Tamer wedge bean bags that fit nicely behind the leaning post for my wife and a friend to be tucked back in there cozy out of the wind. The wedge versions are comfy like a bean bag but keep you a touch elevated for view over the gunwales. Also have the Ocean Tamer longneck should she be by herself or to use ahead of the console when extra kids with us. Talk with Frank at Ocean Tamer, he’s super helpful, the medium teardrops are great size for kids versus the smaller kids version.
IMG_6450.jpeg

Bean Bags...... Dodgers are Custom made.... [upolstery shop ] I haven't seen a Dodger on a boat in Decades.

I use two Ocean Tamer tear drop bean bags in the flat deck open bow area of my 1988 23SE and my wife loves them. Riding forward of the console in an SE is pretty uncomfortable without the bean bags. I highly recommend them. When not in use on the boat they are great extra seating in my family room.

Back