Roof mounted belly ring?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of the modifications that I would like to make to my 23CC DV is to mount a foldable belly ring on the T-Top so that someone can comfortably/safely stand on the roof to watch the trolling spread, spot cobia, etc. There are just so many advantages to being able to have someone up there.

While the factory T-Top does seem stout, I have experienced some issues:

1. Cracks on the welds for the cross member tube just above the windshield.

2. Front tower legs are screwed into the deck (not through bolted as I had assumed). Began to work themselves loose so I re-screwed in larger screws along with a liberal dose of 5200.

The T-Top is very large compared to most center consoles, which is one of the features I like about it. And like I said, aside from the issues I have experienced, it does seem pretty solid.

What are your thoughts on this possible installation? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Reactions: A-K
Belly Ring.....Total waste of money unless you have controls up there.

Sounds like your starting with a Bad foundation, as the T top on it was never designed for the extra weight.

Why? Because the person operating the boat at the Helm can Never see the site picture that the person on top can......Commucation is terrible....When it comes to Cobia fishing you can't get the boat in position well and you will run over fish. It's also great up there with controls for loading on the trailer.

Attachments

• 100_5745.JPG
    100_5745.JPG
    475.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_5746.JPG
    100_5746.JPG
    543.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_4809.JPG
    100_4809.JPG
    474.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_4829.JPG
    100_4829.JPG
    545.3 KB · Views: 0
While I disagree with your assessment that a belly ring without controls is a waste, you are probably right that the T-Top wasn't designed for it. Thats why I was proposing just the belly ring and no controls, to keep the weight down.

We'll The difference is......I've hunted Cobia from a Belly ring without Controls.

We don’t have to hunt for Cobia in so cal lol with that being said by 2320 has a hoop without controls. It had factory ones on the deck so what we do is use a set of shooting headsets that have a walkie-talkie feature. Keeps your ears warm on a cold day and it’s very easy to communicate this way.

There is someone here in town that does have a hoop on the roof of their center console I’ll see if I can find it next time I’m out. My last one had a cracked tee top and I had it fixed and never cracked again. They do a lot of twisting while pounding in the waves and then if it’s trailered that doesn’t help.

Attachments

• C26A6CF1-B2D1-4D0A-BE70-B4AB04076852.jpeg
    C26A6CF1-B2D1-4D0A-BE70-B4AB04076852.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
Back