Stern Drain Plug reseal with Boat Life?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSW

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 1997 2110 and I took out the stern plug just to check. Good news, everything is dry but the calking is dried out and once the screws were out I was able to pull out the fitting with my fingers.

I need to rebed it, and I was thinking Boat Life would be good. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Darryl

I've never used Boat Life but I've heard good things about it. My personal preference for below the water line items that may need to be removed one day is 3M 4200. Used ALOT of it over the years. Never a problem.

I would remove it and clean up and enlarge it to good wood.

Then seal the wood with 2 part epoxy with several applications. . A shotgun cleaning swab will help

Enlarge (oversize) screw holes and fill in completely then drill new holes.

Dry fit housing and build hole diameter with epoxy with Cabisol or glass fibers until the housing fits snugly all around the fitting
Insert drain and use a Sharpe around the base
Remove it and mask off with blue tape

Use 3M 5200 in the hole and drain base and shaft

Apply and add screws

clean up inside and out

let cure several days in a warm area

Brent":1q8jqp4s said:
I would remove it and clean up and enlarge it to good wood.

Then seal the wood with 2 part epoxy with several applications. . A shotgun cleaning swab will help

Enlarge (oversize) screw holes and fill in completely then drill new holes.

Dry fit housing and build hole diameter with epoxy with Cabisol or glass fibers until the housing fits snugly all around the fitting
Insert drain and use a Sharpe around the base
Remove it and mask off with blue tape

Use 3M 5200 in the hole and drain base and shaft

Apply and add screws

let cure several days in a warm area

Normally, I would agree 200% with this, but the 2110, at least my 2000 model, is solid glass where the garboard plug is located. The transom core stops a few inches short of the area. I assume his 97 is the same. If your 97 is different, I would follow Brent's directions to a T.

Yes...Manufactures got smart and deviated the wood away from Garboard plugs.... Life Calk or 4200 either one.

Personally I use the 4200

Back