Suggested source for gear oil and engine oil , filters, drain plug gaskets etc thanks

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both.... Depends on the urgency.

I have seen local dealer be same price or a Lil less.

I purchase 100 hour maintenance kits from SIM. They put everything you need in one box for one price.

I also try to buy parts from my local Yamaha dealer to develop a relationship with them. They are the ones I will need help from if my engine ever needs wrenching beyond what I can do myself.

Not sure why my local dealers cannot do with the 100 hour maintenance box what SIM does, but they don't and I have to stand at the counter for 15 minutes while they put it all together. My local dealers (several of them) are all incapable of working over email. That is my main gripe with the local places. I would prefer to email them a parts list and then arrive to pay quickly, pick up my order and be on my way.

I purchase 100 hour maintenance kits from SIM. They put everything you need in one box for one price.

I also try to buy parts from my local Yamaha dealer to develop a relationship with them. They are the ones I will need help from if my engine ever needs wrenching beyond what I can do myself.

Not sure why my local dealers cannot do with the 100 hour maintenance box what SIM does, but they don't and I have to stand at the counter for 15 minutes while they put it all together. My local dealers (several of them) are all incapable of working over email. That is my main gripe with the local places. I would prefer to email them a parts list and then arrive to pay quickly, pick up my order and be on my way.
100% agree with above. Sim Yamaha everything in one box shipped to the door. They also give some decent tech advice over the phone.

I agree with SIM. Back when I replaced the balancer assembly on my F150 on a Seapro, they sold a kit and gave expert advice for about a $400 swap or less. Going to take a lot to make me go elsewhere.

Back