Transducer ID

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishaddict

Reaction score
Hi
In process of going through the boat I just bought I found another transducer in my bilge. The boat is 2001 and transducer is from that time. Is it through hull type and what is the brand. It appears to be glued to bulge bottom and in my center console there are two loose connectors, used for it. Please, help.
Mike

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 162
It appears to be a transom mount transducer that someone modified to become a shoot through.
Not certain if that would even work, which might be why it was abandoned.

Sorry I can help any more than that.
Do you have a fish finder you can hook it to and see if it works?

No I do not and that is why I need an ID so I can borrow /get right machine.
On different note, have you or anybody tried to use glue on starboard plate to mount your transducers to it? That is the verdict on them. From what I understand, because of design of mounting holes in the plate the issue of starboard/ gelcoat adhesion is eliminated. I have to put 2 transducers to fish for salmon and I do not want to drill transom holes below the waterline.
Mike

Another picture of transducer. It is glued very tight. I do not think it was abandoned, it most likely was used by 1st owner (I am the 3rd).

Attachments

• photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 156
The ID tag is on the other end of the cable. [If someone didn't remove it, which they tell you NOT to.]

But appears to be a P66 Airmar unit.....Got to see the other end to get a better ID as to what it fits.

I can honestly say....I've never installed on this way.

Megabyte":3e4tbcma said:
It appears to be a transom mount transducer that someone modified to become a shoot through.
Not certain if that would even work, which might be why it was abandoned.

Sorry I can help any more than that.
Do you have a fish finder you can hook it to and see if it works?

It works very well. Only downside is the temp is off by a couple of degrees.

Against my better judgement and advise, I installed a transducer this same way for a neighbor and it worked very well. You just need to be careful not to get any air bubbles in the blob of silicone you use to stick it down. he didn't want to drill any holes in the boat, and he was sure he'd bust the thing off if it was mounted on the transom...

Lot's of boat owners are scared to drill a hole in their boat.

I'll drill one for ya in a heartbeat! But it will be a big one as it will be a thruhull.

If you do choose to mount a piece of starboard to the stern be sure to go with a professional design and mount. I tried to glue on a home made plate with 5200 and mount my Lowrance LSS structure scan transducer only to have it and the home made pad rip off as soon as I got up to speed.

Believe it or not that transducer should work, but might not give the best sonar readings.

I have used that method on my Kayak (Shoot through the Hull) 1/4" Polypropylene on my Hobie Revolution.

I have used transom mount transducers (epoxied inside the hull of my kayak for years)
Lowrance HDS 5 with the stock 200/50 khz (decent readings up to 250 ft. Would track bottom up to 600 ft.)

Some guys would make a Well and fill it full of water (similar to how the M260) works to shoot through the kayak's hull. That also worked well.

There is a limit as to how well it would work though.

Latest posts

Back