What is your favorite boating/fishing GIZMO?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. This doesn't really qualify as a "Gizmo" but I like the idea so here goes.

Wife and I plan on doing some more cruising/camping as the fishing closures and bag limits have really put a damper on my fishing plans.

Anyway, in gearing up the boat for those plans, I was looking for bedding for the berth. The easiest solution would be sleeping bags but I wanted something that would work in warm and cold climates. Also wanted something that would fit the V berth more like a custom fit.

I happened to stumble across something called travasak. It's bedding specifically designed for V berths. It fits snugly around the cushions, comes with sheets and the top layer zips up like a sleeping bag. Close out at West Marine. Original price $200, marked down to $139 then, clearance priced 30% off.

Fully washable, multi climate product. Has cold weather layer and warm weather layer. Remove the one you don't want.

http://www.boatingequipmentstore.com/pr ... p700-o1970

Not really a 'gizmo', but how many of us have backing plates behind items that we've mounted?
Now... how many of those backing plates are in full view?

These are the backing plates for my Lee Jr outrigger bases as seen from inside the pilothouse.
Some stainless circles that were punched out of stock by a local fab shop, then buffed on a wheel with a little rouge to a sparkling finish.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Show off. 8)

Actually those are very nice, it really shows when you take the extra effort in the details on an install, I'm the same way.

THEGAME":2f5yb3is said:
did you get it? and what size and how does it fit

OK. I does NOT fit. At the widest point in our berths, the bedding is short about 6" on each side. We sleep with our heads pointing towards the stern. So, the shoulder are at the widest point in the berth. The bedding is short a total of about 12" which is needed for the shoulders. Wife is not as wide at the shoulders as I am but still, it doesn't fit perfectly.

So, I am back to square one. I may just buy a double sleeping bag, a memory foam topper, cut it to size and be done with it.

The nice thing about this Travasak was that it had removable linen sets and you could select between a warm weather liner and cold weather liner. Oh Well.

Back