What is your favorite boating/fishing GIZMO?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOtherLine

Reaction score
Mods: Not sure what topic this should fall under so feel free to move it.

On the lighter side and with the Christmas right around the corner (might get some ideas to drop hints to your significant other), I thought I would start a thread revolving around fishing / boating GIZMOS. You know, those gadgets that seemed like a time saver or great idea at the time, but maybe they just never quite worked out the way you thought. Or, maybe they did !

They can be inexpensive trinkets or high dollar electronic things. GIZMOS come in all shapes and prices!

Tell us about them here ! I'll go first;

I have tried several methods to storing and organizing spools of line. This little GIZMO is the cat's meow... This one stores 6, 25-50 yard spools (depends on line size) and neatly feeds line through the grommet openings. What I like about it is that it's easily transportable from your boat to your tackle box.

I've actually seen this version with suction cups on the back to you can stick it to your gunwale.

This particular one is made by Plano and I bought it for $9.99. They make one for larger spools and more spools.

GIZMOS RULE !

Attachments

• leader gizmo 001.jpg
    leader gizmo 001.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,160
  • leader gizmo 002.jpg
    leader gizmo 002.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,159
I like this for releasing fish into the cooler.

xtools_floating_dehooker.jpg

Wow!
I like that Plano box for leader! 8)

I have one of those little insulated soft-sided lunch boxes that I use to store mine.

i've always thought those thong gizmo thingies were convenient and easy to slip on and off on the boat.

............................but seriously my favorite carry on gizmo is my SPOT transponder without a doubt.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,012
  • thong-bikini-tanlines-cutie-backside-1.jpg
    thong-bikini-tanlines-cutie-backside-1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,012
  • IMG_1225.jpg
    IMG_1225.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,012
OMG. What a coincidence. I love those thong thingies..

I can't believe this thread isn't getting more action. Must be the holidays...

I wish I had a cool gizmo to offer up, but I have to say I'm a fan of the thong. :D

Brent":kummobom said:
I cant trump the thong and can only offer
my portable battery jumper gizmo for the vehicles and boats
The built -in light and 12V outlet are very handy

got one of those stowed up front. that would be my second favorite piece of equipment.

.................that thing offers some serious peace of mind when fishing way offshore and you have been running electrics all night long.

I have two items that go everwhere we do in the boat. The SPOT satellite messenger which is great for tracking the boat and also good for emergency locations. Also i carry a Motorola Iridium satellite phone so when we get off shore i can contact Boat US if needed or call back to the dock or home if running late or change in plans. Merry Christmas

Attachments

• SPOT Satellite Messenger.jpg
    SPOT Satellite Messenger.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 942
  • Sat Phone.jpg
    Sat Phone.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 942
  • Motorola 9505A Sat Phone.jpg
    Motorola 9505A Sat Phone.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 942
What was the original question?? I can't get past Jim's "Thong-bikini-tanlines thingy"
That is Fantastic!!!!!

That SPOT thing keeps coming up as a favorite, not only here but in other forums that I visit (Motorcycling, etc, ).

I just might have to buy one of those things. I've been putting it off.

Sat phone is pretty cool.

Let me see if I can stir up some ideas:

Tackle Box Must Haves

Cleaning Tool Must Have

Boat Camping/Overnight Gadget Must Have

Electronic Gadget Must Have

Girl in Thong Must Have

Just making sure your were still reading.... :D

Give DETAILS - How much? Where you got it? Any particular feature that stands out in your mind.

For lighting - when offshore - or even night bassing - I absolutely LOVE my black diamond headlamps. I got a bunch this summer for 4.99 on steapandcheep.com

I recommend checking out the sight for outdoor gear. New deal every 30 minutes. (dont tell everyone or the inventory will start going too quick!)

details........got my SPOT online and it was free with the purchase of a years subscription (2 years ago). they have that special every now and then. you just have to keep an eye out for it.

FWIW this thing was a game changer for my wife. she worries a lot about me because i fish WAY offshore. she always wants to know where i am and when i'll be home. i flip the SPOT to track mode and it pings my location every 15 min superimposed on Google earth. i don't turn it off until the boat/truck rolls into the driveway. she can monitor my location from any computer or her Iphone. so, consequently she is more relaxed and i get to fish more. 8)

grouperjim":2pj6324n said:
FWIW this thing was a game changer for my wife. she worries a lot about me because i fish ......she always wants to know where i am and when i'll be home.........it pings my location every 15 min superimposed on Google earth......she can monitor my location from any computer or her Iphone.

Won't be long till each of us has that implanted into the wedding ring. I can see it now.

"Honey, we are almost done fishing, I'll be home soon"

"No your not, your drinking. Get your ass out of the Elks club!!"

:mrgreen:

Back