What is your favorite boating/fishing GIZMO?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
googlemaps for smartphones does the same thing for free - but not where you dont have cell service

Brent":y7pc932b said:
I have a Garmin Chartplotter/FF/GPS and purchased the Homeport software for $30. I copy the map to a SD card and import into Homeport and plan and explore for hours

? What does Homeport do ? What exactly are you exploring?

Of course, I could look it up but that would take the personal experiences you've had with it, out of the equation !

My favorite boating things:

1. SPOT. Allows me to let the Wifey know I'm ok when overnighting at the Islands. Plus, if I ever break down, I just press the "Help" button and it sends my Lat and Lon direct to Vessel Assist and they come and get me.

2. My Zodi hot water heater. It can get pretty chilly while diving. I've got it plumbed into my freshwater tank with a quick disconnect. Works great!

3. My Ipod PIPE. Battery powered mini "boom box". Great sound from a small device.

4. SeaSucker mount. Use it to hold my SPOT and I bought a different ball mount to screw my camera into it. I can take pictures of my catch solo.

5. S1000 Autopilot.

6. LED "hockey puck" lights. I attached Velcro and use them for cabin lighting.

7. Tarp clips. I use them to clip my towels off.

8. Windlass wireless remote.

Attachments

• Spot locater (1).JPG
    Spot locater (1).JPG
    97 KB · Views: 873
  • IMG_0856 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0856 (800x600).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 873
  • DSC02874.JPG
    DSC02874.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 873
  • DSC02875.JPG
    DSC02875.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 873
  • DSC02876.JPG
    DSC02876.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 873
  • DSC02880.JPG
    DSC02880.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 873
Ooops.

Here are the tarp clips.

Here is the windlass remote:
I stuck a small piece of velcro on the back in order to hang it up.

Attachments

• DSC02883.JPG
    DSC02883.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 871
  • DSC02877.JPG
    DSC02877.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 871
That Zodi system is cool, just googled it.

Do you have pretty good control over the temperature of the water coming out? Safe for kids?

I bet the girl in the thong could go for a hot shower on the back of a Parker. :mrgreen:

Bryan 2530":4c51e0ly said:
That Zodi system is cool, just googled it.

Do you have pretty good control over the temperature of the water coming out? Safe for kids?

I bet the girl in the thong could go for a hot shower on the back of a Parker. :mrgreen:

No. Initially, you have to regulate it to your liking. The single burner Zodi might be better for kids as it may not get as hot.
You have to be real careful as it can get steaming hot.

Before heading out on the open water, plan your voyage with HomePort — marine trip-planning software that lets you plan and organize routes from the convenience of your computer.

Use your existing BlueChart® preprogrammed card, or transfer the preloaded maps² directly from your chartplotter to an SD™ card. Then simply plug the card into your computer's card reader to start planning your voyage.

Navigating waters with no visible landmarks or shallow shorelines can be a daunting task for even the most experienced navigator. With your existing BlueChart data together with HomePort on your computer, you’ll have the ability to view map details such as underwater hazards and hidden obstacles and plan a route to avoid them.

HomePort also offers features such as depth profiles, distance and bearing measurements, and tidal predictions.
Manage Your Data

In addition to managing waypoints, routes and tracks, you can store information from past voyages right on your computer. HomePort also will help you create point-to-point routes, determine fuel usage and estimate your travel time for each leg of your route — saving you time and money.
View Marine Charts

It’s easy to browse and view chart detail on your computer screen and mark waypoints and other points of interest. When finished, send the data to an SD card or proprietary Garmin datacard to load into your compatible Garmin chartplotter or sounder.

HomePort is compatible with BlueChart, BlueChart g2 and BlueChart g2 Vision® navigation charts. Currently, it is only compatible with Windows® operating systems.

I just copied this from the web site to save time

Brent":9uzl1def said:
Currently, it is only compatible with Windows® operating systems.

That is the part that gives me the red ass about Garmin.
They have never, ever supported Mac OS X with their chart products. :evil:

Wow, i have the Zodi hot water system, but as a stand alone. Please send me a PM to let me know how you set it. It looks great on your boat and it is the best camping, boating shower you can use for a hot shower. We use mine in portable mode while hunting up in the North Woods of Maine in November when it is freezing, nothing is better.

Bryan 2530":ei3l2pim said:

Man, you've been married too long...... COLD shower! COLD is better! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hands down...the Honda gen.
IMG_6726.jpg

I forgot to add one other boating gizmo I really like

LED suction cup anchor light, battery powered.

Don't have to worry about draining the battery at anchor....

Attachments

• DSC02945.JPG
    DSC02945.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 266
The thong idea although a good one, won't fly around my house these days, maybe 25 years ago!

I've got to admit we have a lot of great ideas so far.

Leader holder
Honda generator
Hook remover (I've had that one for a couple of years now, love it!)

Anyway here's my contribution.

110717cp1_0523091819a11104.jpg

O.K, it may not be the best but it is unique! :p

At first I was like "Why is he standing in front of a drinking fountain"

Then I realized it was mounted on the step of the pilot house.

Unique? Yes. But don't you drink beer on the boat like the rest of us?? LOL 8)

Wait you guys drink beer on the boat!!!!!

I know im gonna get blasted here 4 this but !!!!1

If anyone I invite for the first time brings more than a beer or two 4 themselves they r NEVER invited BACK NEVER

I got out to fish and the safety of my crew and myself supersede a "BUZZ" to dangerous where i goto "play"

NOW at anchor or tied up two of us stay sober while the rest get bombed !!!

I go to bars to drink not on my fishing boat , just too dangerous at sea!!!

Sorry to preach but life is too precious 4 me , ive lost too much at an early age ....(trust me i drink , just not on my boat at sea!!!)

Back