1801 & Minn Kota Riptide Terrova Quest

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reellucky18

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the new Minn Kota Riptide Terrova Quest on their 1801?

I currently have a MotorGuide XI5 (MG) on mine but considering upgrading to this newer model. However my concern is the almost double weight moving from my current MG trolling motor (~50lbs) to the Minn Kota Quest (100lbs).

If anyone has installed one of these newer models AND had a trolling motor of any manufacture, did you notice any performance changes, boat handling, etc.?
I do have trim tabs so balancing the boat while underway will not be an issue, but I am just wondering if there are any other things to consider with this extra weight added to the bow.

Wow...50lbs more than your current TM (same shaft length?)? I was looking at the Instinct Quest 87" (auto deploy/stow) and that weighed less than 100lbs.
Yup. This is for the 60" shaft. That also doesn't include the beefy quick release bracket which weighs around 8lbs. That is minimal, but 50lbs more on the bow seems like a lot. I imagine I could put 50lbs of weight up there & take it for a cruise & see how it handles, but I was just curious if anyone went down this route.

Back