2019 1801C and my transom is separating from the hull.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labii

Reaction score
I bought this boat 4 years ag with 20 hours on her. Recently I noticed a crack in the transom and had a fiberglass man take a look at it and he advised me that I should reach out to Parker for help. I took the boat into my local dealer, Boats Unlimited , from whom did not purchase the boat , for them to assess. First, I would like to say that they have really tried to help me. They contacted Parker and was told that I had not transferred the warranty when I bought the boat and since the paint was rubbed off the skeg it appeared that the the boat my have been run up on a sand bar and that caused the damage. I have owned Grady White, Wellcraft, Regulator and Boston Whalers and they all were run aground a some point and I have never had this happen before. The repair estimate is $6,200! Has any one else had such an experience? I bought this boat because of their reputation for quality, which is now in question. bought this boat because of there reputation for quality, which is now in question. parker.msg.jpg

There are legions of folks who will attest to the durability of this brand..,,,

In your own words - your navigating skills are- questionable? You've run several boat brands aground?

Did this crack start smaller? Was this a result of a hard run in with the bottom?

Seems counterintuitive that the top would separate if the motor drug aground. I would think the bottom of the transom would separate first, at least initially, pinching the top tighter. Odd for sure.

This is a super common issue with the 18s, and is not an issue as long as the crack doesn’t accumulate water, and doesn’t expand. I’d recommend sealing it up immediately with a quality marine sealant, and monitoring the transom for any signs of rot.

I’m guessing the repair quote is to replace the transom, which so long as there’s no rot, swelling, or movement of the outboard, is not warranted in your case.

I don't know anything about boat repairs like this. Having said that, I would make a dam in front and behind the crack, maybe with blue tape over vinyl tubing or something like that, and pour West Systems epoxy down that crack until full. Tape plastic down inside and down the outside of the transom. Use a long wire or ty-rap to work the epoxy way down in there and make sure the air comes out. I imagine if you poured slowly from one side and worked your way across, the air will not get trapped as badly as if you poured a bead all the way across quickly. My concern would be a void down in there and you run out of epoxy.

The glass layers over the Top of your coring “plywood” have developed a common stress crack, I had this on my boat but not to this extent when I purchased my 2004 Parker back in 2017. I had it professionally repaired and regelcoated. You can fix this, you would have to grind the crack out, and use either epoxy with cabosil, or you can use some poly with chop strand and milled fibers. It’s not the transom separating but the fiberglass skin, the top of the transom lip is all glass

It’s a 2019. It’s not a true Parker built boat built by PARKER! It’s a Correct Craft built Parker. Quality went down hill. My 1994 1800 still looks great with no problems! Go figure? Because it is a true PARKER. Hope everything works out for you.Good luck.

It’s a 2019. It’s not a true Parker built boat built by PARKER! It’s a Correct Craft built Parker. Quality went down hill. My 1994 1800 still looks great with no problems! Go figure? Because it is a true PARKER. Hope everything works out for you.Good luck.
That’s another fact as well. I would never buy a new Parker after Linwood sold the Parker business to venture capitalists and not industry fisherman minded individuals

CC bought them in like April 2019. I would think it would take a year or two for CC to figure out how to make them more... ummm economical.

You can fix this yourself. I suggest it highly as you will understand the boat construction. Grind out that crack and fill it completely with west systems epoxy. Then clamp it down over the entire transom. This is about bonding. More clamps the better. It would be best to remove the engine to get complete access across the transom. Let it completely cure and then glass over and gel coat the top surface. This all can be done in a weekend. You are lucky it’s just the exterior glass skin that has delaminated from the transom core. Do not let water get in there or you will have a much bigger problem.

CC bought them in like April 2019. I would think it would take a year or two for CC to figure out how to make them more... ummm economical.
Agree. Construction changes were not made until late 2022 and only on a few models. The intro of the 22 and 24 CC models was the real change. One must remember that all the complaints about rusting SS materials happened during the Parker ownership time.

You can fix this yourself. I suggest it highly as you will understand the boat construction. Grind out that crack and fill it completely with west systems epoxy. Then clamp it down over the entire transom. This is about bonding. More clamps the better. It would be best to remove the engine to get complete access across the transom. Let it completely cure and then glass over and gel coat the top surface. This all can be done in a weekend. You are lucky it’s just the exterior glass skin that has delaminated from the transom core. Do not let water get in there or you will have a much bigger problem.
Had a lesser crack on one side of my 2003 1801. I repaired as EFX suggested, but without engine removal. Make sure you grind down to solid material, vacuum out best you can, use acetone on a rag and try to clean out the crack the best you can (acetone good for cleaning and dries out water), tape both sides of transom, pour in West System epoxy and maybe even heat a little so it flows and wicks in crack better. If you don’t remove your engine you may want to have a jack in place under the engine or engine bracket and carefully jack up to minimize the space in the crack separation and then clamp the heck out of it using wood on both sides of clamps. Once jacked and clamped some epoxy will probably squeeze out. Wait until it sets up a little and then pull your tap on both sides. It’s a bit more work if you skip this step. Sand and gel coat once cured. And Bob’s Your Uncle! You can definitely do this!

I agree. I have a 2801 CC that is 2001 year model and 23 Deep Vee 1999 year model. The Correct Craft Parker's are not the real thing. They are riding the Parker reputation coat tails. I would not buy one that was made by Correct Craft. I live 3 miles from the factory.

I had a similar issue with my 1993 hull. I repaired as described here:

https://www.classicparker.com/threads/1993-1800-transom-cap-crack.21447/

After 2 seasons of use and abuse the transom is still solid.

My crack was due to water intrusion from a poorly sealed lag bolt holding the swim ladder. I would do some poking around to see if you have a similar issue. I don't think a separation like that happens without reason.

If I can be of assistance please reach out.

Last edited:
Like mentioned above, this is not. Difficult repair and the transom is still solid I would bet money that it will continue to remain solid for years to come even if you just added some marine sealant to the crack, I wouldn’t advise you to do this but the point I’m driving at is that the fix is semi structural. The fiberglass skin opened up, saltwater would take years to rot that transom, the real issue is rain and fresh water from the hose. Grind that crack out and use epoxy and glass over it. There’s many ways to fix this, the cheapest would be poly with milled fibers or chopped strand poured in then glassed over with csm faired and gelcoated. Aside from the color you won’t be able to tell. When you trailer your boat use a transom saver.

Since I have owned my boat it has been kept in dry stack but
that does not mean that there could not have been some water intrusion. The folks at my local dealer, Boats Unlimited, have arranged for the boat to go back to the factory for repairs. It was a matter of getting to the right person.... Parker is standing behind it! :)

Back