Adding t-top to 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Witness

Reaction score
Is it safe to drill mounting holes for a t-top on the sides of the helm deck? Where's the fuel tank located?
Thanks

One must pull the pie cover in the console or just behind it....stick a tape measure in there and measure side to side....Do NOT do it if you don't have a clue...There have been many boat tanks screwed up on boats that people don't know what they are doing.

Do you store this boat inside?

After installing a T Top.....It will Not go thru a 10ft tall door.

Warthog5
Thanks for taking time to reply. When I posted this, I also wrote Parker and asked them, just figured I'd get an answer here faster. But they wrote me yesterday and said go ahead, mine has a tank confined within the footprint of the helm.
Now, I must say I'm amazed you needed to tell me that it wouldn't fit thru a 10' tall door. Are people that come on here and ask questions really so stupid that they don't plan ahead that much?
Mine is lift kept, but I have a bridge that I wouldn't be going under if the t-top didn't fold. It will be a rare occasion, but I'm going foldable for that rare instance.
Fishmaster Pro XL is what I'm installing, seems like the best out there.
Thanks again Mr. Wart

tomc585
Thank you for the print. What are nailers? Areas where you can nail?( stupid question?)

. Are people that come on here and ask questions really so stupid that they don't plan ahead that much?

People in general just do not consider "Details".

Foldable....FishMaster? Cheap China T-Top.

Warthog seems very knowledgeable on boats/parkers. If he says it's crap it's probably crap. Custom tops are much more affordable than I thought they were. Not foldable but I was quoted 2200.00 for a hardtop or soft top(my choice) w/ rigging and 5 rod holders installed on a 21' se.

Listen to Bobby (Warthog5)… he is extremely knowledgeable… have had many private texts back and fourth with him on other issues and I am in the process of setting up electrical components we talked about… I added a t top on my 1800 last season… one of the best things I did… good luck…

Attachments

• C38A964C-6BD3-4737-9E42-74D34C7398FD.jpeg
    C38A964C-6BD3-4737-9E42-74D34C7398FD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
Atlantic towers out of nj sells t-tops. I've seen one of the mid grade options they have, and was impressed enough that I am considering one for my 21' and made in USA!

Listen to Bobby (Warthog5)… he is extremely knowledgeable… have had many private texts back and fourth with him on other issues and I am in the process of setting up electrical components we talked about… I added a t top on my 1800 last season… one of the best things I did… good luck…
I understand the advantages of a folding T Top but are there also disadvantages?

That’s where I got my t top… Atlantic Towers
Very impressed with it…my mechanic installed and did an awesome job

I don’t store my boat inside so I wouldn’t be the guy to ask about the folding top

Get a custom one for just slightly more. Get detailed drawings before the install. Pay attention to the the width of clear space between console and gunnel. 18’ is a good size but gets small fast with a lot of stuff being added. Really think how you will use the boat. I’m going through the same thing on a 17’
I have even less space.

Attachments

• 560B7638-6379-4D82-B0FD-55EB324814D8.jpeg
    560B7638-6379-4D82-B0FD-55EB324814D8.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 24
Back