Chip in livewell

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dleopoldi914

Reaction score
I was winterizing my boat and putting antifreeze through the pump down and noticed a chip inside my live well.

No clue how this could of happened. Can I just fill it with epoxy and packing tape over it and sand a little to blend.

Boat is a 2021 Parker 21se

Attachments

• 395E49F0-BE4A-46B6-A123-D13A94946D39.jpeg
    395E49F0-BE4A-46B6-A123-D13A94946D39.jpeg
    750.9 KB · Views: 2
You can or use Marine Tex. Or you can use it as an opportunity to learn how to do gelcoat and fix it properly.

OR.... You can do nothing and go fishing.... The bait don't care.

Obviously a Gellcoat Pop.
Thank you, i was worried about water intrusion below the seat. Why I asked about repairing it

I can also repair wirh marine Tex or loctite epoxy no?

Last edited:
I am no expert.

Get it nice and dry, put a light Dremel grind on there for a good "tooth", acetone it dust free, dry again, then hit it with marine tex, or west systems epoxy patch kit. The patch kit comes with thickener.
I would build a "frame" around it a mm or so thick with several layers of tape, fill, then put your packing tape across nice and tight.
I always end up with a sunken patch, so now intentionally keep it a little high.

I am no expert.

Get it nice and dry, put a light Dremel grind on there for a good "tooth", acetone it dust free, dry again, then hit it with marine tex, or west systems epoxy patch kit. The patch kit comes with thickener.
I would build a "frame" around it a mm or so thick with several layers of tape, fill, then put your packing tape across nice and tight.
I always end up with a sunken patch, so now intentionally keep it a little high.
Yea it’s a livewell, I don’t care if it is not cosmetically pleasing just don’t want to have problems leaking water…..

Thank you

2 part West Epoxy. BTW how do you get anti-freeze into your washdown and livewell pumps?
I close the sea cock, then where the water comes out in tbe livewell you undo the attachment and can thread a hose on there. Hose needs to be 3/4 an inch.

I put a hose on the wash down and then I turn on the wash down, dump antifreeze down the hose attached with a funnel to my livewell. The antifreeze will come out the other end of the wash down.

I then open up my sea cock so it can drain but I know any remnant water has been mixed.

I use the rv antifreeze which is the same of the marine one but a .25 of the price.

I also put antifreeze in my bilge area with the plug in and then I put the trailer as low as it will go to get antifreeze into all the places that drain water. This way any remnant water mixes with antifreeze

Yea it’s a livewell, I don’t care if it is not cosmetically pleasing just don’t want to have problems leaking water…..

Thank you

If that’s all you’re worried about, smear it with a dab of your favorite marine sealant the next time you have the occasion to seal something. That’ll seal it up just fine, no need for resins and gelcoat and whatnot unless you’re trying to make a cosmetic repair.

Back