Deck paint

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would those work for patching through holes in interior from past owners projects. How do u clean the left over rust stains from cabin ceiling (unless this question should be in a different string?).

Attachments

• 1E2A2DC2-7F49-4965-8719-EAF9D7CFCE66.jpeg
    1E2A2DC2-7F49-4965-8719-EAF9D7CFCE66.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • 0A09D4A7-6219-4E6B-BFD5-8969A3D87745.jpeg
    0A09D4A7-6219-4E6B-BFD5-8969A3D87745.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Capt. Greg I'd just sand that off with some 180 on DA sander.... Fill with epoxy/Cabisol mix..... Or Polyester resign and Cabisol.... With Poly you will have to fill twice, more than likely as it will shrink back.

Capt. Greg I'd just sand that off with some 180 on DA sander.... Fill with epoxy/Cabisol mix..... Or Polyester resign and Cabisol.... With Poly you will have to fill twice, more than likely as it will shrink back.
Thx for ur reply. Sounds like a winter lay-up job to me. For now, I found a quick fix, other than ignoring the stain which I find tough to do on my new/old boat. I am replacing the under washer w/ a bigger washer. Found by accident when I went to hardware store looking for some replacement hardware. Will work for now till I can do ur recommended fix when it doesn’t interfere with my going out. I will upload a pic when I’m done. Thx again.

Finhead..... How extensive do you want to get into that ? Fix a baby spot or recoat the whole deck? Carefully feather that back slightly and Gellcoat it. But it will show.
Fix the baby spot. Thank you for your solution

I applied the Rustoleum with the Anti-Slip (I suggest adding only 1/4 of the can to half of a quart of paint). I put that down first and came back over with a second coat without the non-slip. This was a very recent application and I'm extremely pleased.

I'm restoring a 1998 Parker 1801 w/2006 Yamaha 115 FS. Going with a new color scheme and used a light gray for the deck with white gunwales. Big box store paint dept added black pigment to white for me to get the gray I wanted.

Haven't decided on my exterior color yet but plan on some shade of blue with a very light gray top cap. Leaning toward Stars & Stripes Blue or a powder blue.

I'll post pics asap.
I have a ‘99 21 SE, that was handed down from my dad. He used bleach to always clean the deck now dirt is just embedded in the fiberglass. Power washing and cleaning doesn’t really help. So I am thinking of painting the deck. I am concerned with maintenance and cleaning. How easy has it been to clean the deck after you painted your boat. Durability? Thanks

How easy has it been to clean the deck after you painted your boat. Durability?

The gellcoat on there now has opened up it's porosity....

It's Very easy to clean..... Surface prep and Quality products are Everything!

I have a ‘99 21 SE, that was handed down from my dad. He used bleach to always clean the deck now dirt is just embedded in the fiberglass. Power washing and cleaning doesn’t really help. So I am thinking of painting the deck. I am concerned with maintenance and cleaning. How easy has it been to clean the deck after you painted your boat. Durability? Thanks
Easy to clean...

No way it will match..... Doesn't matter if you got Gellcoat from the same batch when the boat was made. The old is faded.

As warthog mentioned it looks like my old gelcoat has opened up its porosity! So I need to do my entire floor/deck on my 21 SE. Should I use marine paint with some non-skid as some have suggested or is this a gelcoat project?

As warthog mentioned it looks like my old gelcoat has opened up its porosity! So I need to do my entire floor/deck on my 21 SE. Should I use marine paint with some non-skid as some have suggested or is this a gelcoat project?
I like the gellcoat and silica sand method as it is a very consistent (even) and durable finish. most of the paint and nonskid jobs I have seen dont look that great. custom boat builders have been using the gellcoat method for years and although it's a multiple coat process it's easy and just about foolproof. I have done these numerous times w/ very good success . ask here for more info.

I like the gellcoat and silica sand

Don't use sand. As things wear...... Lil Black Dots will start showing up.
Use this at half can per qt..... Not whole can per qt. as instructions say.

Attachments

• 91MMGCne7dL._SL1500_.jpg
    91MMGCne7dL._SL1500_.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 0
Thoughts on 1 part Epoxies?

Well to start... There is No such thing as a 1 part Epoxy. If It says 1 part epoxy.... It's Not epoxy... It's a Glorfied Alkyde enamal. Yes always prime.

Ok...90% sure I'm going with Rustolem Topsides with a silica non slip additive due ro its superior UV qualities. I've recently used this paint for painting the tackle center console bench in another thread here with good results. The deck has been previously painted and I plan on sanding with 80-120 grit prior to painting.

So now the biggest question is gloss or Semi gloss for the deck? Also thinking of going with a light gray to cut down on glare. Thoughts?

Back