Parker 1800 - Yeti Seat Upgrade and Running Board

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettramker

Reaction score
Just picked up a time capsule 1998 1800cc. The boat spent the first 20 years of its life in freshwater on a lake in Maine, I just purchased it from the second owner in Florida. Wow, what a machine. The only thing I didn't love was how low the console seat was. My boat had the big fiberglass chest on the pedestal. I swapped it out for a Yeti 75 and added a running board to the front of the console. Now the seating position is dialed, up a few inches with a good drivers position.

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_4254.jpeg
    IMG_4254.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4255.jpeg
    IMG_4255.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4256.jpeg
    IMG_4256.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4257.jpeg
    IMG_4257.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4258.jpeg
    IMG_4258.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4259.jpeg
    IMG_4259.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4260.jpeg
    IMG_4260.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4261.jpeg
    IMG_4261.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4262.jpeg
    IMG_4262.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Agree! Seat height from the original cooler seat was lousy, at least for us short guys. I think most of us went with the aftermarket leaning post as a fix. The Yeti cooler looks good though. Is there a backer inside the console to resist pulling out the hardware?

Agree! Seat height from the original cooler seat was lousy, at least for us short guys. I think most of us went with the aftermarket leaning post as a fix. The Yeti cooler looks good though. Is there a backer inside the console to resist pulling out the hardware?
I considered a leaning post, which I may do in the future but that would mean doing some glass work on the deck which I'm not ready for. Yes, the running board is through bolted with 3, stainless 1/4 - 20 bolts. On the inside of the console is an equal length strip of the 3/4" PVC material I built the running board out of. Enough to support my feet and my 3yo.

Interesting approach.
The OEM seat wasn't ideal for sitting while running. I was tempted to raise the switchback cooler seat but found a used leaning post local. SO much better for my situation.

I considered a leaning post, which I may do in the future but that would mean doing some glass work on the deck which I'm not ready for.
Unless you have other issues, there isn't much to do other than fill in the old holes with epoxy. The bigger issue for me was the discoloration under the seat base. I ended up taping off the area and re-coated the deck with gelcoat before mounting the leaning post. It's not a perfect color match but way cleaner. Throw the cooler under there and its hardly noticeable. You may be able to re-use your Yeti cooler under a new leaning post too.

Attachments

• DSCN2671.JPG
    DSCN2671.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
I recently purchased an 1801 with a leaning post which I really do not like. No place to set for a day of at anchor fishing. I ahve been considering going to a cooler with a flip flop back. For those of you with a leaning post, how do you handle seating for bottom fishing? Thanks.

Unless you have other issues, there isn't much to do other than fill in the old holes with epoxy. The bigger issue for me was the discoloration under the seat base. I ended up taping off the area and re-coated the deck with gelcoat before mounting the leaning post. It's not a perfect color match but way cleaner. Throw the cooler under there and its hardly noticeable. You may be able to re-use your Yeti cooler under a new leaning post too.
The biggest thing for me is that I have two small kids that like to sit behind me so no leaning post until they’re bigger.

Attachments

• IMG_4336.jpeg
    IMG_4336.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
1801 with a leaning post which I really do not like. Been considering going to a cooler with a flip flop back.
Switching from a leaning post to a switchback cooler seat would be a first for me. The Wise switchback seats are too low when underway for me. The leaning post is just more practical for me and it adds 4 more rod holders.

Having people sitting behind you while underway is very crowded, even if they face aft there is little room to operate safely.
Yeah Tom I don’t know how many three year olds you’ve been around but they don’t take up much room. There is plenty of room to operate and show her the ropes of the running the boat.

I switched my cooler seat on my ‘94 to this. What a difference it made.

Attachments

• 3CF367C4-78EF-46CC-834D-25E0E196FF32.jpeg
    3CF367C4-78EF-46CC-834D-25E0E196FF32.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Yeah Tom I don’t know how many three year olds you’ve been around but they don’t take up much room. There is plenty of room to operate and show her the ropes of the running the boat.
I have 3 kids and been around many small children on a boat. My point was its not ideal to have anyone behind you between the console and the seat while running. I had the same setup and I know how little space there is. If you fall back or lose balance from acceleration/wake/wave with a small child behind you it could end badly.

My point is that it's not an ideal situation in my opinion especially since there is no hand/grab handle for them to hold to, Either way whatever works for you.

Great customer service . I also have the foot rest in front.

Attachments

• 0DB157A9-D75F-4FCE-A10A-309FCF8FD13A.png
    0DB157A9-D75F-4FCE-A10A-309FCF8FD13A.png
    5 MB · Views: 2
I also ordered my leaning post from Elevation Marine & could not be happier with this swap from the original. I added three 0 degree or vertical rod holders in order to make navigating around the stern with rods in the holders much easier. Additionally, I went with a 33" wide vs. the standard 30" wide for a little more room for two people at the helm. This extra 3" does NOT interfere with moving around the boat, but it does help with us larger guys.

Additionally, I added a cooler slide under the leaning post with a cushion. This cooler can slide out & act as an additional seat. Sliding the cooler out makes it much easier to pack with ice, food, drinks etc. I picked up this cooler slide from Boat Outfitters.

Attachments

• IMG_6188.jpeg
    IMG_6188.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6187.jpeg
    IMG_6187.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 1
I also ordered my leaning post from Elevation Marine & could not be happier with this swap from the original. I added three 0 degree or vertical rod holders in order to make navigating around the stern with rods in the holders much easier. Additionally, I went with a 33" wide vs. the standard 30" wide for a little more room for two people at the helm. This extra 3" does NOT interfere with moving around the boat, but it does help with us larger guys.

Additionally, I added a cooler slide under the leaning post with a cushion. This cooler can slide out & act as an additional seat. Sliding the cooler out makes it much easier to pack with ice, food, drinks etc. I picked up this cooler slide from Boat Outfitters.
That's an awesome set up! It's on my list of upgrades.

Back