Helm Seat Upgrades?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pelagic
This is what I have at my helm of my 05’ 2520xlSC. I love the ride. I’m looking for another, upholstered the same way, to put in the co-pilot position. However, because of the cabinet changes the new seat wouldn’t b on a seaspension post. That’s ok, these seats have extra thick padding. Obviously these weren’t the original ones. They were purchased from Parker.

View attachment 38888

View attachment 38889
That’s a spectacular looking wheel house, wow…..👍👍

Sorry, I cant remember the name of the seat. When I ordered those Bentley seats, I was on the phone talking to the salesman. I was kind of telling what I was looking for and the dimensions. He told me that they had just designed a new seat and it sounded like what I was after. He sent me email photos and I ordered the color I wanted. That was almost 3 years ago. If I remember correctly, they will ad a bolster to any of their seats.
The people there are very helpful and nice. If you call them, you can send my photo. They will know what seat it is. Just seatrailed the boat last week. The seats are a total game changer! Very well built and comfortable.

I just looked through my old email and came across this. The seat is the black seat on the bottom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231207_095349_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20231207_095349_OneDrive.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 0
I think Pelagic is looking for more comfort, but in the interest of idea sharing, I will throw this out there.

You folks with the 25 and the extra beam may not notice it, but I agree that the arms get in the way on the 23s, especially when trying to access the storage under the throttle.
It is sitting on seaspension pedestal and I ended up buying an additional base for the locking feature. All in, I think it was about 250 bucks.
31384-2e6b8116bb651961fa7d02d87cc909a6.jpg

The thread, if interested:

Thread 'Finished pilothouse seat' Finished pilothouse seat

I checked the bottom of my factory Parker "deluxe Captain's chair," but there are no manufacturer markings that I could see, sorry. A Parker dealer could help for sure. 17020895544132938144369494677960.jpg17020898040018568048184483683102.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 2005 2820 that I am just wrapping up a 4 year rebuild. I gutted my cabin and bought new inboard facing seat bases from Parker, then I made 2
forward facing bases with built in tackle lockers that are contoured to fit against the Parker base. I used Smooth Moves seat bases, and Bently Marine seats. It's much more finished on the inside now. I'll take some new photos and post them soon.
View attachment 38885View attachment 38884
Do you have any write ups for this? I have an 86 2520, I’m trying to upgrade as much as I can, and would love these seat bases for storage, and would like to get that pedestal with the black accordion type rubber, they seem like they are adjustable and suspension, and not as expensive as seaspension. How does one go about getting/making these boxes you have the seat on? Thanks!

Saw this box in a Defiance Marine 22' at a recent boat show. Defiance wanted $2500 for it, but I didn't care for the large open hatches/boxes. Decided to have an aluminum box welded up to allow for the lower profile suspension seat (2nd pic), and two Plano box cabinets in the side to accommodate eight 3700 series tackle boxes. Currently in the shop being built. I'll post pics when complete.

Attachments

• IMG_1241.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • Suspension Seat.jpg
    Suspension Seat.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 3
Saw this box in a Defiance Marine 22' at a recent boat show. Defiance wanted $2500 for it, but I didn't care for the large open hatches/boxes. Decided to have an aluminum box welded up to allow for the lower profile suspension seat (2nd pic), and two Plano box cabinets in the side to accommodate eight 3700 series tackle boxes. Currently in the shop being built. I'll post pics when complete.
Looks great. Let us know how it rides, a review of the suspension.
👍

Do you have any write ups for this? I have an 86 2520, I’m trying to upgrade as much as I can, and would love these seat bases for storage, and would like to get that pedestal with the black accordion type rubber, they seem like they are adjustable and suspension, and not as expensive as seaspension. How does one go about getting/making these boxes you have the seat on? Thanks!
I made the bases myself because I wanted them to follow the contour of the Parker inboard facing seat bases. I made them out of marine plywood, glassed them, and sprayed them with Parker gelcoat.
The suspension bases are made by "smooth moves". The seats are made by Bentley Marine.

I made the bases myself because I wanted them to follow the contour of the Parker inboard facing seat bases. I made them out of marine plywood, glassed them, and sprayed them with Parker gelcoat.
The suspension bases are made by "smooth moves". The seats are made by Bentley Marine.
So the seat bases facing forward with captain style chairs you made and the ones behind them were bought from Parker correct? Wow you did a REALLY good job, is there any special reinforcement you had to put in them to make them strong? I once built a fiberglass center console for a 14 foot RHIB, and the glass work was pretty extensive and annoying haha Was it a normal butt up with screws or did you do some fancy joint work? I’ll probably just make one for the pilot side

Back