Hot off the press: New 26CC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score

And we take one step closer to the demise of Parker as a builder of high quality, simple, accessible three-piece boats.

It looks better than the 22CC and the 24CC, but not by a ton. I hope the build quality is better, but I doubt it.

I wonder how long they’ll keep producing the “legacy” 2501 model. Not long, I’d bet.

Another classic boat design, out to the boneyard.

Man I saw that video on Facebook.

I thought Parker did a great job with the boat. The infloor fish boxes looked nice. All composite.

I am a big fan of classic Parker’s. But I thought this was pretty nice.

Only thing I like over my 2501 is the aft in floor fish boxes. Otherwise it’s just cramped up with unnecessary stuff. wonder what LOA and deadrise is ? Tough to tell if it’s 2 piece but if It is the quality and strength will suffer. give us some specs please.

Whats up with the Pajama shirts they all were wearing..... Who came up with that Trash?

Anyone notice ......No gauge package? It's all NMEA.....taking up display space on your MFD. Stupid! I just worked on a boat with that BS.

Something else.....That anchor thru the Stem....... Those are Always in the way when trailering and hitting the winch stand when loading. They have to have a goofy "Y'd" Bow stop and the winch is 2ft in front of it.

Comments were turned OFF on the Youtube page......They don't want to hear from the buying public.

Last edited:
Reactions: Efx
I like it. I don't think you can have a two piece construction with the kind of gun'l overhangs shown, so assume it is still three piece.

My only concern is the lack of space behind the leaning post and the transom for fishing. Looks like less than on my 23DVCC.

However, it is a move away from the "pickup truck" ethos of classic Parkers like mine.

Bilge access looked nice too.

Is this a 25 DV hull renamed 26 or did they make a actual new 26 mold?

I like it. I don't think you can have a two piece construction with the kind of gun'l overhangs shown, so assume it is still three piece.

My only concern is the lack of space behind the leaning post and the transom for fishing. Looks like less than on my 23DVCC.

However, it is a move away from the "pickup truck" ethos of classic Parkers like mine.
It looks like the overhangs on the 22 and 24, and they’re definitely two piece. Won’t be able to tell for certain until I see it in person; hopefully it’ll make the boat show circuit this winter.

I don’t hate all aspects of this design, provided it’s well built. I can say that at the last boat show I attended the difference in build quality between the “new” CC models and the legacy ones was night and day. The new ones seem flimsy, with cheaper components and an overall cheaper feel. The cleanliness of the boat, in terms of bilge debris, foam overspray, and the like, was also much poorer.

I hope that all of that has improved since.

So I have to eat my words on this one. According to one of their employees, this is still a three piece hull.

I look forward to seeing it. Hopefully the build quality is up to the standard we expect.

I guess I am a freak in that I hate having those big ass consoles just for the .1% of the time someone needs to make a tinkle they have plenty of room. The rest of the time there could be several extra feet of real estate EVERYWHERE.

I actually like most of the features on this boat. Way more storage than previous models and a nice big bilge access hatch.

Very slick, high quality advertisement. Hopefully, the boat is just as well made.

Reactions: A-K
I give it mixed reviews based on what I saw in the video. I bet it is the old 25 DVCC hull with a new stringer/deck assembly and new cap. Also, a new bracket. The running surface design is the most expensive design element and they are re-imagining the topsides for a new market.

The forward seating is identical to what is in the 22 and 24. The lounge/coffin box in front of the helm is from Sea Hunt boats and should be family friendly. The transom layout looks very similar to the current model 28 CC.

Why on earth are the batteries are still in the bilge??!!?? That is simply stupid.

A lot depends on the price point. Might be competitive in the $150k-ish range, maybe. Lots and lots of competition in that market segment. More likely will be priced $175k - $200k MSRP.

Last edited:
Full disclosure, I am not the intended market for this boat. I love my 1800 and but for some console modifications she is perfect for me.

I scrubbed the ad a few times in slow motion and found it interesting what they chose to highlight and skip.

Where were the inlets?

Nice convertible leaning post but some kid is going to loose a finger to those hinges.

I've not been a fan of the new 22 or 24 (or the direction that Correct Craft) is taking the Parker brand. That said, the newest 25 isn't that bad. It's not fantastic but not bad either. Nice job on the in-floor storage/fishboxes. The transom area isn't bad at all. The hull looks to be the same as the old 2501 but hard to tell. The construction is almost certainly 2-piece based upon the finished gelcoat under the washboards. Placing the battery switched outside the transom was a really bad idea .... saltwater and spray will have both switches deteriorated within a few years.

All of that said, I'm guessing the price point will be well north of $200k and at such a point, you'd be better to buy a more established 25-27ft product like a Southport or Regulator

They leave some important questions unanswered. If it is a true 26 with 8.5 ft beam it should have decent offshore manners.

Really need to know if 2 or 3 piece construction. What were they thinking with the batt switch location? And, the batts need to be in the console.

I think they did a good job with this model. Lots of storage and in-deck fish boxes from the new construction design. Composite build looks beefy. Not sure if it’s three piece and that battery selector placement probably not a great idea - but mine is in the bilge which also isn’t a great idea. At least it looks more like a Parker compared to the 22 and 24. It will be really interesting how they transition the pilot house models later on - they cannot screw that one up or it’s game over.

I think they did a good job with this model. Lots of storage and in-deck fish boxes from the new construction design. Composite build looks beefy. Not sure if it’s three piece and that battery selector placement probably not a great idea - but mine is in the bilge which also isn’t a great idea. At least it looks more like a Parker compared to the 22 and 24. It will be really interesting how they transition the pilot house models later on - they cannot screw that one up or it’s game over.
My biggest fear with this one is flimsy component construction. Especially with all of those deck hatches- nothing worse than walking around a boat and feeling hatches bounce under your feet. It would be nice to see them be reasonably watertight as well.

My biggest fear with this one is flimsy component construction. Especially with all of those deck hatches- nothing worse than walking around a boat and feeling hatches bounce under your feet. It would be nice to see them be reasonably watertight as well.
Hi Palagic2530, did you post a 'preview' of a proposed prototype of a 'new' 2830 here? At least I thought it was in this thread? Maybe and older post?

Back