Parker 23SE Navigation lights

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chief24

Reaction score
Has anyone installed rub rail navigations lights or anything other than the factory lights on a 23 SE? I had a trolling motor installed and I am not comfortable about my port light visibility.

I have a set of surface mount Taco lights on the way for installation on a 23 DVCC. The should fit easily on the 1.5" flat spot above the rub rail.

Mini Taco sidelights on a 1801
30b6758351340946e509c460cdf77a09.jpg

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

chief24":6n59678z said:
Has anyone installed rub rail navigations lights or anything other than the factory lights on a 23 SE? I had a trolling motor installed and I am not comfortable about my port light visibility.

I put a trolling motor on my 1801 and added a pole light at the bow. Receptacle just like a lot of stern lights, except the bow light plugs in. Mine is 12", which is all I need to clear the trolling motor. I have a stern light on a pole, so it is no big deal to plug them both in when I need running lights (which isn't often).

No matter what you install, be sure the angles are right. There are very specific requirement as to what angles the lights must show. Lights mounted below the rub rail are especially tricky to get right. The mounting has to be adjusted depending on the curvature of the hull.

I put a trolling motor on my 1801 and added a pole light at the bow. Receptacle just like a lot of stern lights,

Let us know how that works out for you next year.

Those stab in pole lights are THE most unreliable lights ever put on a boat.

Not sure how easy this is to see but the surface mount Taco lights are perfect after you add a trolling motor.

Attachments

• Nav Lights 2.jpg
    Nav Lights 2.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 206
warthog5":1pgyh582 said:
I put a trolling motor on my 1801 and added a pole light at the bow. Receptacle just like a lot of stern lights,

Wart, do you have an alternative that you prefer to the socket-style lights? I need to replace my stern light (as it, shockingly, crapped out) and if there's something more reliable out there, I'm all ears.

I had entertained the idea of installing the rub rail nav lights but after looking at the stainless insert in my rub rail it appears my anchor line/chain, 22# anchor like to rub in the area where Taco recommends mounting. Plus, I wasn't liking the idea of cutting the stainless insert to accommodate the lights.

I have ordered the Taco surface mounts instead.

pelagic2530":3glsvq2w said:
warthog5":3glsvq2w said:

Wart, do you have an alternative that you prefer to the socket-style lights? I need to replace my stern light (as it, shockingly, crapped out) and if there's something more reliable out there, I'm all ears.

Admittedly I am a fresh water boater. But my stern light is working fine after 5 seasons. The bow light is now two seasons old. No problems.

Hello, What trolling motor and battery set up did you install? Where did you locate the batteries? How do you like it? I have been wanting to put on on my 2019 23SE. Thanks

Back